Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Diagnostic software

6K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  04INFINITI5.6 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. I'm new to the world of Nissan/Infiniti. I'm accustomed to the headache world of BMW. I have all the diagnostic software for those vehicles. The main one that I use is called INPA. Is there a such thing for Nissan that can be acquired? A regular OBD2 scanner gives such vague trouble codes. I would more specific info to narrow the search. I'm currently tracking down an emission code on bank 2 that I think is either an o2 sensor or exhaust leak. Thanx in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
the CONSULT is what nissan uses. it is not avail to the general public. this is what the nissan tech use. its uber $$$$$ and you need a license to obtain the software and equipment.

why not just list the codes here, make and trim and let the community help? many of us on this site can build an armada and know its guts very well.

#4 ·
I plan to ask a ton of questions but at the same time I like to tinker and figure things out. In general, a car is a car but brand specific issues are where I need to learn. I have a few hacker friends that im certain can hook me up with the software. If not, I dont have a problem with spending money on software/licenses to get what I want. Im a nerd. I want to know everything about everything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I use Autoenginuity. I bought the full deal expanded version for Asian, European and domestic brands. It checks a lot of things besides trouble codes. Gives a lot of live data. I bought it because I have different brands and by the time I bought the individual brand packages it would cist more than buying the whole deal. I can also activate specific functions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.