Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Kooshtaka's Build Thread

7K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Kooshtaka 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok... so since a couple others have done threads dedicated to their Armada/QX builds I've decided to do one also. Albeit a tad late. lol

It actually is a really good idea and I suggest others to follow suit also. It makes it really easy to go back and see how things have progressed without having to dig and search for different threads.

Since I'm starting this while I'm still at work I'll update later with pictures. Also I'm not sure if I'll have any pictures of when she was new-to-me and un-modded but I'll see what I can find.

Pretty sure the first Mod I did was upgrading the lows, interior, and some exterior lights (all from ArmaDen). I upped my lows to 8k HIDs, my interior lights (doors, maps, footwell, hatch) to white LEDs, the puddle lights and reverse lights got upgraded to LEDs also.

The next mod I did was removal of the 2nd row center console. Since we have 2nd row captain chairs and 3 daughters... this one just made good ol' fashion sense. lol It was also really pretty easy to do. I took mine all the way down to the floor pan then put carpet and rubber floor mats down to protect it. This has been one very worthwhile mod and pretty much only time 2nd row seats go down/tumble forward now are when I'm cleaning or hauling a bunch of stuff. I still am on the look out for a 2nd row bench I can swap with though! haha.

Next up was suspension. I started with added 5100s, set to highest perch, in front and thanks to the AWESOME how-to write up on here it made the swap really nice and fairly easy. To match the added height in front I took the easy way out to start with and simply "tricked" the auto-level into raising the rear to level her out again. lol This set up lasted me for a while but got me hungry for more lift! :D I actually had gotten the 5100s from PRG for the Titan I traded in to get the Armada.

IIRC I left her alone for a long while and then after my Auto Level crapped out I got some 2 inch rear billet aluminum pucks from PRG as a stop-gap and get her level again. This suspension setup has served me up until now and will do so for just a wee bit longer, but not much longer!

Then I added the Volant CAI w/out air scoop/snorkle. I picked this one up from a member over on TitanTalk for a great price. Got some advice and info from here and Scr38 on the install and really happy with the results. :)

Most recent mod has been replacing OEM fogs with 3500k HID fogs from LSAL. And this brings me up to date on what mods I've installed to date.

Now.... what I have in boxes waiting to get installed and on order.....

(In box) PRT High Flow B-Pipes,
(In box) JBA Long Tube Stainless Steel Exhaust Headers- got mine for terrific price from Autoanything.
(In box) UpRev Standard- Courtesy of Seymore4, Joe, @ Cajun Tuning
(In box) Borla xrl-1 courtest of ntrddragn
(In box) Secondary set of headlight housings so I can play with different headlight mod ideas without jacking up my current ones. lol
(On Order) Custom bracket lift kit courtesy of PRG w/some components courtesy of thebassn8tr over on TitanTalk and on here. Just waiting on a couple last pieces to be finished and then shipped up. :)
(On Order) Custom Color full interior LED lights courtesy of Legit Accessories.

Forgot to mention:
(In box) Raybestos rear springs - the heavy duty ones courtesy of Amazon. Lol

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
Can't wait to see some pics when you get the lift installed.
You might think about swapping out the stock running boards for some Power Running Boards w/extensions for the shorties in the Family.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Side-Ste...-Running-Board.aspx?t_c=70&t_s=490&t_pt=10442
Man, I've been looking at those AMP steps for a while! Showed them to the wife last night and she was like "Uh huh... nice...." Lol. I'll have to wait a while and get more of these pending mods completed before I try with her again. Lol

Does anyone have these? I'd love to hear what peoples impression of them are after install.

Thanks for the shout out bro. I always appreciate it. I wish you were closer so I can have the opportunity to be apart of your build but regardless I CANT wait to see it lifted!
I wish I were closer so I could enlist members from here to lend a hand also. Haha.
Seriously though, I really appreciate how you worked with me and helped me in getting to where I wanted to be with my suspension. All at a very reasonable cost. I'm happy to help fellow members help other fellow members out. :)

I'll be sure to post pics before and after the lift. Lol who knows maybe I'll even do a how to write up if I remember to take pics during.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·

Attachments

#8 ·
Data logging complete for now. :) lift kit should have shipped yesterday morning so I'll update results about UpRev again after headers, B-Pipes, and suspension pieces added.

Changed out my spark plugs today... lost a coil pack retainer bolt to the engine bay black hole so no update on how she runs until bolt found/replaced. Process was actually pretty easy and straight forward. Took me 2 days due to lost bolt and start time late in the day yesterday. Ran around today trying to find replacement bolt without luck... :-\ all in all I think if no bolts lost then could have done it in an hour or a little less.

Here's pic of one of the new plugs (Nissan OEM, part# 22401-5M015). First attachment. And next attachments are the spark plugs that got replaced. Numbered 1-8, left to right, odds are drivers side, lowest numbers toward front.

Attachments

#9 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
They don't look too bad.
Don't forget that while you have the inner fender liners off, to replace your headlights with some good HIDs.

#11 ·
#13 ·
Ok so here is a pic of how she sits today. Headers, B-Pipes, borla, big lift kit, Raybestos NOT installed.

#14 ·

Attachments

#15 ·
I figured you'd have the lift on by now. :)

#16 ·
#17 ·
So update time! B-)

Just got my JBA LT headers back from being ceramic coated, and if I do say so myself... they are looking GOOD!

I went with Cerakote High-Temp Ceramic coating in cobalt. My headers were plain ss to begin with.

I'll be waiting until it gets a little warmer to do the install.

Attachments

#19 ·
Go for it primo! That'd look super sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.