Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Bully Dog 40415

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  drewcs 
#1 ·
Anyone out there using this tuner with the WOT restriction off?
If so, what kind of performance gains do you get, if any, and
how does it effect drivability? Cheers and thanks.

#2 ·
The armadas don't have a wot restriction so that setting will not affect anything. Having said that, the BG GT is a great tuner and you will notice a difference. I currently run the regular tune and performance throttle. It's best with the 2* advance but I have a knock sensor issue so don't have it right now.

#3 ·
What's your knock sensor issue? Do you have issues all the time? Any error codes? I get some knock running the premium tune with 2* advance, but only when the weather is hot and under hard acceleration.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I found a rats nest in the cavern under the intake manifold. I'm throwing codes from both sensors so I'm guessing they chewed through the wiring harness. I bought a new harness for under $30 on eBay and just looking for the time to install it since I'll have to remove the entire manifold.

I only noticed the knock going uphill with the 2* advance and GT performance tune. I unistalled both to be safe and just run the regular tune for now. If your knock sensors are working properly, I don't think you should experience knocking as the timing should be retarded automatically. You're using premium fuel with the tune, right? What does it call for again, 92 or 94?

#5 ·
I always run premium, however; in Colorado premium is only 91 octane. I've run this tune for four years with only the occasional pinging when it's hot. I might test removing the timing advance to see if I notice a difference. As soon as I hear it I back off the throttle. (Sounds like rocks in a coffee can). I also store my programmer in my car just in case I need to revert back to stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
We have up to 94 here. Wonder why you only get 91. I don't remember what octane BD calls for with the performance tune but I think it might be 92. Wonder if there's enough of a difference to cause the detonation and why the knock sensors wouldn't prevent it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.