Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

TPMS Light Flashing / On After New Tires

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lava 
#1 ·
Last weekend I had new tires put on the Armada. A couple of days after, the TPMS light came on. When you first start the truck, the light flashes, indicating a fault in the system. After a minute of so, the light stops flashing, and stays on steady. My truck has the Navigation system, so I can see the individual tire pressures on the screen. Only three of the pressures are showing, the fourth shows "**". So, I went back to the tire dealer (America's Tire), and they tested all four sensors with a hand-held device; he was able to communicate with all four sensors. He said that the batteries inside the sensor have a life of about 6 to 8 years, and that although he was able to communicate with the sensors, a weak battery on one of them might be causing the problem. He recommended replacing all four of the sensors, under the theory that if one was going bad, the other three weren't far behind. He wants $60 each, plus $10 each for installation (re-balancing the tire is free, since I bought the tires from them). Does this explanation sound reasonable? Anything else I should be checking?

Keith

#2 ·
Funny. I also have a 2006 and 2 days ago mine started to do the same thing AND I'm searching for new tires, too. I thought that these were serviceable...probably the cheaper route? Used are about $100 for 4 but there's no guarantee how long they'll last and aftermarket are in the $50 each range. I think I'd go with the rebuild option if it's available.

#3 ·
Looks like I'll also be buying new tpms modules with my new tires and rims next week as they're not serviceable. There is a service kit but that is for the stems and valve inserts only. A little choked that I'll be spending another $60 per tire as I'm sure you were too.

#4 ·
You could get the same for 33 dollars+shipping. Rockauto.com has some good deals on these sensors...

#5 ·
Thanks. I'll look into that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.