Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2012 Transmission failure

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mtcpfan 
#1 ·
The transmission on my wife's 2012 transmission failed after one of the cooling lines split and leaked out all the fluid before she could pull over in a safe place. Anyway, it's being covered under warranty at the dealership. So a small piece of hose has wrecked a $6,000 transmission, check your lines whenever you change the oil.

Anyway, a friend I called about this and runs an independent shop said that you can't successfully flush the oil cooler after a failure and that it's necessary to replace the radiator which included the oil cooler. He said if it was out of warranty and he were ordering a replacement, the company he uses for rebuilts actually includes the radiator in the cost of the transmission. He said they'll tell me that they'll flush it but it's impossible to make sure it's absolutely clean.

So the Nissan shop did tell me they use a kit to flush the oil cooler that comes with the new transmission. I told them about the oil cooler concern and they said not to worry about it and that the new transmission has a warranty and they've never seen a problem with the oil cooler flush. I even offered to pay for the radiator but they quoted a ridiculous price for the radiator replacement and just said it's not worth taking my money.

Anyone else had one replaced and had an issue?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.