Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2004 qx56 lifted

7K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Kooshtaka 
#1 ·
Im trying to find out what would be the best route to take lifting my 2004 qx56 anywhere from 2-4 inches. Ive heard you can turn torsion keys but not sure what that will do as far as causing caster camber issues. I just want to have a slightly lifted look and accomadate oversized tires. nothing too big. Anyone have any insight?

#2 ·
Since you just want not-too-big lift, I bet you would want a PRG spacer kit, such as this one:

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg_armada_leveling_kit/

PRG Armada Leveling Kit
PRG Price: $289.00
Part #: prg-mk-a
Select an option:
Armada Front and Rear Lift Spacers #prg-mk-a $289.00
Description
This kit uses the same front spacer as the Titan leveling kit but uses a billet rear spacers that offers 2.125"" of lift and is very easy to install in about 2 hours using simple hand tools. An alignment will be necessary after installation. This kit works with the tow package as well.

#3 ·
Ditto above, but would add that I would highly recommend upgrading front shocks to at least bilsteins. Also to think about is to add Raybestos/Napa/moog HD rear coil springs.

#4 ·
Just bought an 04 QX, want to give it at least 2 more inches, haha. Was looking at Bilstein 5100's up front and spacers in the back, not sure it it'll work with the air ride rear, any advice?

#5 ·
^ will work fine. Early model qx are mechanically identical to armadas.

#6 ·
quick question about this aswell.

I have a 2005 QX56 with air ride. I'm looking to add these mods.

Front
Blistien Shock 0-3" Adjustable Part # 5100 24-197649
MOOG Coil Springs 4wd Part # 81194 (ROCKAUTO.COM)

Rear
Raybestos Part # 589-1150 Professional Grade Coil Spring Set
Rancho Part # RS70076 Quick Lift Rear Kit

These listed parts will all fit my QX without having to screw with my air leveling? I read something about adjusting the air bags somewhere..

Also what is the distance of lift for the quick lift rear kit? Can I use billet ones instead or are these custom fitted/seated for the springs?

thanks guys

#9 ·
Those are the ones i went with. I like the ones from prg for a couple reasons:
Billet aluminum,
Hole through center to accommodate for helper air bags,
Makes tried and true products,
Knows our rigs inside and out.

Cons:
Can be a real pain to get ahold of him.

Can order his products through i think performance parts. Com

#14 ·
I don't really recommend ebay-generic stuff..... they tend not to be of as good quality. Realistically i think your looking at about 2-2.5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.