Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Hi from Georgia....

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TexasArmadaPlatinum 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am from South Georgia and will soon be in the market for a used Armada.

My wife currently has a Sonata lease and wants back into an SUV so we will be on the hunt soon. She originally wanted a Tahoe (like every other female in our area) and the resale on those has just gone through the roof lately. You either get one that is a base model, one that has very high miles, one that has been rode hard, or just simply all of the above.

My mother in law has a 2011 Armada, sharp looking vehicle, but we didn’t have it in the prospected line up due to some of their thoughts on it, etc. We recently took it on an 8 hour round trip due to us going on vacation and picking up a couch from Ikea along the way. We didn’t want to take my truck due to possible inclement weather.

The Armada is a nice vehicle on the road, and is super comfy. Their complaint is how the truck rides, and is my complaint as well. But I am positive that their air suspension has a fault or simply a leak after looking online at some things. The back end squats and will sway and bottom out going over certain bumps in the road.

After this weekend trip, I am highly considering adding the Armada to our list. I think versus the Tahoe we can get a lot more vehicle for the money. Dollar for dollar we should be able to get a newer model, less miles, and more bells/whistles.

The last SUV we had was an 05 Xterra, and we loved that thing. When I got the Sonata for my wife and took over the Xterra to be mine, I went ahead and had the timing guides replaced at 80,000 miles since they were whining. Between getting that done, and a very clean Blackstone Labs report on the tranny fluid after bypassing the secondary cooler, I was sure that I would keep the X for a long time. About 6 months later though, the shoddy guide replacement about cost me the engine. The new shop (different name and owner) tried to make it right but it just kept throwing codes so we got rid of it. The whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth against Nissan, the guides, the possible transmission coolant leak, fading/peeling black paint, etc.

So, I am sorry for the long post and I will end with this, should I be looking out for anything on specifically an 08+ Armada? Did they have paint/transmission/engine issues of any kind? :nerd:

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome to the forum from NC, We tested the Expedition, Tahoe 2015 models but we kept cumming back to the Armada. The 5.6L nissan engine is a Torque monster and a work horse. Air bags for towing and every feature we need except for remote start would be nice, But the steering wheel and seats warm up fast. Love the Platinum 2015 Armada.

#7 ·
When we got ours we test drove every competitor (except GMs). Armada was the most solid feeling. Though I never had any problems seems like cracked manifolds is the Armadas one true fault that everyone seems to encounter. It's a tried and true platform that is affordable, but still as good as or in my opinion better than the competitors. Good luck on your search.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.