Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Advantages to purchasing 2012 armada

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  dragon_27 
#1 ·
Hello everyone my husband and I test drove a 2012 armada yesterday, we have 5 children with one on the way so we def need the 8 seater. They are offering 10k off the platinum addition. My questions are being 5 foot 1 I am afraid that may be to much truck for me as I will be the primary driver, any thoughts on handling this truck and taking curves? I am also wondering about safety as I can't seem to find any safety reviews. Also when is the expected body change? I haven't seen or heard anything about the 2013 are they skipping a year like the quest? Last question is the best deal? We are planning on going back today if we decide to go this route. Other contenders were the piolet, q56, and Acadia.

Thanks so much for any replies and help!!

#3 ·
My wife is 5" and she can't stop driving the Mada. Go get it...

:D

#4 ·
Well my wife is 5'1" and loves hers. So you wont have any problem. My wife's only complaint is the windows are tinted a little dark but doubt well change it. And safety I will have a hard time buying something else. This summer on vacation we hit a cow on I40 doing about 60. No injuries and my daughter slept through the whole thing until I pulled her out of it. So these things are top notch safety wise in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

#5 ·
Same here my wife is 5'2" she use it as a daily driver until I lifted it. It wasn't the height, it has more to do with her just wanting the stock look. Go figure. And a few yrs back I got into a 25-30 mph accident also. Kids didn't even know it. No crying, didn't even scared or startle them. They were 2-3 yrs old then. That's from my experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
For being 5yrs old, my '07 is still solid. I've only had one hairy moment in it, and it was on a snowy/icy morning (not normal for Louisiana). Some yo-yo changed lanes, and I nearly clipped him. I swerved to avoid him, and was surprised at how well the chassis & suspension setup allowed me to regain control in just a few seconds. All this on the interstate at 55mph (normally 70).

I'm a 1st responder & firefighter. Was once on the scene of a head-on collision with a pickup & an '08 (or later) Armada. I was extremely surprised that the cabin held up WELL after the stolen pickup crushed the front end. Wish I could've taken pictures of it, but we are not allowed to do so.

Would I buy another, you bet! I just wish the platinums were just a bit cheaper...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
Man a lot of us have short wives..lol. My gal is 5 even and the lifted/performance tuned Armada is her daily driver and she never complains. The pedal adjustment is awesome for shorter folk like yourself. :D

#9 ·
Purchasing a 2012

We went for the used 2011. My wife drives it and loves it. She is 5' 5" no problem. She actually loves the size of a big vehicle. Gives you a sense of seeing everything in front of you. You can get a pretty good deal on a year old one with all the stuff. Mid thirties for a loaded platinum. We didn't believe all the review stuff so we reviewed it ourself and loved it. Good luck.:cool:

#10 ·
My wife is 5'4" and has no issues finding a comfortable position in our Armada. Currently she is 8 months pregnant, and has taken over driving the Armada full time as it is more comfortable than her BMW. The Armada drives like a smaller SUV, and the steering is very precise and not to heavy. I think it is nicer to drive than my parents Yukon XL.

I haven't found the source online, but there were some posts about the Armada being listed as a zero fatality SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
i was noticing a trend here...everyone's wife/significant other is under 5'3" or so! my wife too is 5'1" and she thinks it drives fine. I'm the daily driver but she has no problems driving it. we have the exact model that you are looking at and have looked at all the other models of cars you looked at as well, along with the lexus gx460. the armada for space is much better than all of them, with the exception of the qx of course. but for the additional money you pay for that, we decided it wasn't worth it. we rented an armada while on vacation and that's what really sold it for me. if you can it'd be a great idea to. good luck!

#15 ·
Congrats and welcome to the Club!

Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads!

Armadas are tanks... I know quite a few members on here have gotten into accidents and the Armada did exactly what it was supposed to- protect the occupants! Some definately didnt look pretty afterwards, but the other vehicles definately looked worse! I've owned a Titan and now an Armada and IMHO they are 2 very safe vehicles! My wife is about 5'3ish and she has little/no issues driving it. I think the back up sensors and rear view camera definately help :)

#17 ·
wow thats hilarious lol, that a lot of member's wives are the same height as my wife. she's 5 foot 1, and yeah, she drives this thing like a mercedes sports car. she loves it, whips corners and all and on top of that, says driving the suv is easier than a car as you're higher up so you can see better and you have bigger mirrors for parking and she can parallel park as well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.