Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2013 Missing "Comfort & Convenience"

53K views 141 replies 35 participants last post by  Haf71 
#1 ·
Can anyone with a 2013 Armada confirm that they can access the "Comfort" settings? I read the manual and they made mention of certain settings that can be accessed through the "Comfort" menu, they also made mention of being able to view tire pressure on the display. I just got back from the dealer and they allegedly contacted Nissan who told them that they will be releasing a revised manual with those features removed. I just want to make sure that I am not getting the run around. Thanks.

#2 ·
To be honest your rig is new you would be better of to just swing by the dealership. Just to make sure you have it. The manual could be made with in generalize for all armada of that year. Some might come with it some might not. Just a thought. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I did bring it to the dealer and said that they contacted Nissan and they said that the manual was incorrect. They said those features are not available and the revised manual will be released soon. I have a hard time believing them.

#3 ·
I have the 2012 I just bought and I have the CAC. It they don't have that on the 13 I would be upset. I like knowing the tire pressures and extra goodies.

Seem like they went cheap on a lot of things I know I have a blizzard white, but my back door pulls are pearl white which I thought was odd.

Plastics inside have not been properly trimmed. You can tell a big difference between the quality of Nissan cars made in Japan vs America where the Armada is built. I have the 2011 Nismo 370z fit and finish on that is immaculate. Same with my other 370 sport.

#5 ·
I am a bit annoyed, some of those features I feel are important. I think the dealer just wanted to get me out the door.

Congrats on the NISMO 370z that is a awesome car. I agree the fit and finish on the Armada isn't that great. On my truck one of the TPMS was not registered, the rear speakers don't work and I have the missing Menu items. I bought this truck because it is a Nissan, and I had a hard time spending the same amount on a Chevy or a Ford because I always felt the build quality on those were sub par.

#10 ·
So according to Nissan Consumer Affairs, Comfort and Convenience settings and being able to view tire pressure on the display are not available for the 2013. Isn't that a kick in the balls, not sure how Nissan can distribute videos on youtube showing these settings, have these settings in the owners manual which was printed in July 2012 but say these features are no longer available. Isn't that basically fraud? I know it is a bit extreme, but I feel a bit slighted. Not sure what else I can do, I asked to speak to a supervisor. They are supposed to call me back within the next 8 hours.

#13 ·
I am still getting the same BS from Nissan Consumer Affairs. I have been checking in with them every week and they keep telling me that my case has been escalated to the "Engineering" department. If something does come up I will absolutely post it.

I suggest that you also place a call and open up a case with Nissan Consumer Affairs (1-800-647-7261). It did not seem that they were aware of the issue when I first called them back on 1/28. So hopefully if more owners file a complaint the issue will get resolved quicker.

Either way congrats on the new truck...

#14 ·
I am having the same problem accessing the comfort and convenience settings with my 2013 Platinum. I took it in to the dealer and was told that these options had been deleted for 2013, and, as such, I am just plain out of luck. I really need some of these settings, as having the seat move back and forth on me every time I get into or out of the car is driving me bonkers, and I would really like to adjust the sensitivity of my auto headlights. This is just one of several disappointments I have encountered with this car, including the USB inputs on the rear DVD players not playing ANY of the supposedly supported formats, the plastic top of the side-step running boards lifting off, and a disturbing "thunk" sound coming from the driver's side front wheels when driving over the one-inch drop from my driveway to the street, which the dealership says is "normal." This is my first Nissan, and will undoubtedly be my last. Please post if you find out anything new.

#15 ·
Please call Nissan Consumer Affairs 1-800-647-7261. I have a call in with them dating back to 1/28/13. I just left a message this morning with the last "supervisor" I spoke to. I hope if enough of us complain they will fix this issue. The dealership told me the same thing they told you but Nissan Consumer Affairs did not confirm that these options were deleted. I will post once I get any more info.

#16 ·
I called Nissan Consumer Affairs yesterday, and the first thing they asked me to do was to take it in to another Nissan dealer for a second opinion. Seriously, that's what they said! I told them that I didn't need a second opinion because I have been researching the issue, and there is nothing the dealer can do at this point. I asked them to escalate the issue to a supervisor, who just called me a few minutes ago. She confirmed that this is not a feature on the 2013 models, apologized for the fact that not one, but two dealerships I visited prior to my purchase told me about these features and used them as a selling point for the car, but that there is nothing she can do except to notify the GMs of the dealerships to make sure that their salespeople are informed in the future. I asked her if there is any way that Nissan could provide an update to the system to make these functions available to us, but she said that there are no plans for that, as these options have simply been deleted on the 2013 models. I pressed the issue, saying that the options are still there (my seat still moves, my headlights still go off automatically, albeit after 45 seconds or so, I still have auto headlights, but their sensitivity is too low, and it's pretty much dark when they finally come on), but that we just don't have any access to the customization settings. It seems to me that this should be a pretty simple thing to address with a system update. I asked her if there was any way to request that Nissan perform such an update, and she said that nothing could/would be done unless they got a lot of complaints about it. I know that the Armada is not one of Nissan's top sellers, so our community is small, but if everyone who is having this issue contacts Consumer Affairs at 1-800-647-7261 (thanks, Innotech!), maybe they will do something about it. I have to say, I am very disappointed in my first carbuying experience with Nissan. You can't just sell someone a car with a bunch of bells and whistles and then tell them that you made a mistake and you're just going to (very conveniently) take those pages out of the owners manual after the fact. It really is BS. Those features, while small to some, are part of the reason I bought this car instead of a Toyota Sequoia. It really makes me mad that I was sold a car that doesn't have all of the features I was promised. And they can't really blame it on the dealers, either, as the dealers were told that these features were included as well.

#18 ·
The woman from Consumer Affairs didn't elaborate, but the dealership did tell me that Nissan also deleted the electric steering wheel in/out and up/down controls, and that when they deleted that button, they also deleted these other customization settings. Not sure why they deleted any of it.

#21 ·
No, I think he is taking about the fact that the seat automatically moves back when the car is turned off and the door is opened. I too find this to be very annoying.

I have not yet been told by Consumer Affairs that these features were officially deleted, but my supervisor doesn't seem to be returning my calls. So far this entire experience with the Armada has been disappointing. I have had way too many issues with this truck and it only has 2000 miles on it. I have purchased 5 new Nissans (01 Altima SE, 05 Xterra S, 05 Murano S, 2013 Sentra SR, 2013 Armada Platinum) and all the other purchase other than the Armada have been great.

Either way I am going to keep calling.

#24 ·
Is this setting adjustable or is it just on and off? Maybe I have to just get used to it. I am very impatient so once I open the door I am ready to get out but the seat is moving. The first few times i was caught off guard, I am surprised that I didn't bust my *** lol.

#23 ·
I just called Consumer Affairs and spoke to yet another "supervisor." I mentioned that I was not happy with the way my existing supervisor was handling my case and that I wanted to speaker to her supervisor. The rep promptly told me that it was not possible so I asked if I could speak directly to someone in the Engineering Department being that my case has been escalated to them. I was told that I would have to send a detailed letter to:

Nissan North America
Consumer Affairs P3C
1 Nissan Way
Franklin, TN 37067

So I did, I figured I would post this just in case anyone else wants to do this. I asked them if there was an email address and they said there wasn't. This whole experience is a joke...

#26 ·
base on the manual, it seems its just one or the other. you will probably lose the memory function if you disconnect it. the manual just state automatic seats nothing about stop or adjusting it. it seems like it doesnt go back that far either. for me its just like 3 inches back from my memorized position.

#27 ·
the seat just moves back when you get out. used to be able to turn this off in settings. in the 2008 manual, i recall a setting for the steering wheel to move up but nissan probably removed that option.

using the CONSULT, the tech should be able to get in there and check those settings and adjust. i cant see nissan totally removing these functions from the system, but I can see them removing the option in the user settings.

#28 ·
Just bought a '13 Armada 2 weeks ago and discovered this issue when I was driving around the other night and my headlights were not coming on even though they were set to auto. I read up on how to change the sensitivity, but when I went to the truck to change it, surprise no can do. That's how I found this forum and post.

The really frustrating thing is that with a firmware update Nissan could make these options available for us. All of the electronics and sensors are there, we just need the software to enable the options. Even my 2010 Altima had these options...Go figure.

#29 ·
Spoke to my sales rep and he spoke to the master technician to see if they could at least adjust the headlight sensitivity through the computer. The tech printed out the diagnostics page and confirmed that the settings are available and could be changed using a $10,000 machine. They said it would take about an hour and cost $100. My sales rep suggested I call his GM and ask if they would waive the $100 fee since I just bought the truck. I might do this since my headlights take forever to come on, but the dealer is 40 mins away so it is kind of pain.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has heard the same from their dealer.

Frustrates me even more knowing that the settings do in fact exist in the system and a simple firmware upgrade would resolve this. I can only hope Nissan would choose to do the right thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#30 ·
there is no "simple" firmware upgrade to add this back to the car. reason being there are different trim options and each trim option needs certain data in the OS of the system.

The car runs on a CAN system, which is a serial computer network. some trim options dont have some features as others so there wont be a need for certain sensors and those sensors dont need to be in the OS of the system.

understanding this, there needs to be different firmware versions for each trim model. now its possible nissan may make a firmware revision and roll it out over time and may even issue a TSB or some such on it, but it takes time just like it takes time to develop software updates for android, iphone, etc..

not trying to take up for nissan, but this is not a simple update.

and the dealer has whats called the "Consult". its just a software program that runs on an off the shelf laptop. the software is hella expensive hence why the dealer has to charge you labor to use it. in reality, it will take the tech less than 5 minutes to make this change.

if you can befriend a tech or SM, just have them slide it under the table when you go in to do some other work on the car. just on my last oil change at the stealer, i had the tech adjust the sensitivity on the plasmacluster ion system on the Qx. that would have been a 90 dollar job and would have been billed 30 minutes but they did it for nothing since the car was there getting other work done. i printed out the procedure and the tech did it in 2 minutes. :rolleyes: :D

its really super easy to adjust these parameters.

#31 ·
Headlight Sensitivity Settings Changed!

Went to the dealership today and within 30 mins they changed the setting for me to Mode 3, which is the most sensitive and did not even charge me.

I can understand how many people are getting the run around from their dealers. As my previous post stated, my sales person spoke to one of the master techs and confirmed they could change the setting. When I showed up today, the tech who took a look said it must have been a misunderstanding because they can't actually change that setting, they can only change how long the lights stay on for. I politely asked if he could print out the diagnostics page for me. Approx 10 Mins later he came back and said they found the setting and changed it to Mode 3. He seemed to think Mode 4 was even more sensitive, but I believe that to be incorrect based on the info at this link.

I don't think very many techs know how to do this. From what I understand most other Nissan's offer this as a setting that the owner can change so techs probably haven't done this in a while, if ever. As a matter of fact, when I checked in to the service dept the service manager looked at me like I had 2 heads when I explained what I was in for.

Overall, the experience was positive and I hope others can get this setting changed if they are also having problems with their headlights coming on later than expected when set to auto.

Still hoping Nissan releases a technical bulletin to update the firmware and add the comfort options back.

#32 ·
many many many techs are not comfortable with getting into those layers of code to alter settings, so dont feel singled out. the majority of people never ever ask or even know of such settings the techs can do. consider yourself well ahead of the pack by being a member of this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.