Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2004 qx56 aux?

14K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  thatstrangeboyy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I will be taking a long (20+hour) roadtrip in a month and am wanting to stream music from my phone while also being able to use the DVD player for movies for the kids.

Currently when i want to stream music i just use a 3.5mm to RCA cable and plug it into the inputs of the DVD player and listen that way which works perfect.

However for the trip those inputs will be used for my WD Live for movies for the kids during the trip so i won't be able to use that for music. With the way the system works if you pipe the audio from the DVD player to the headphones in the back you can listen to the radio or CD on the front speakers.

does anyone know of a way to hook into the system somehow to be able to listen to music from my phone through the front speakers while a DVD is playing through headphones in the back?

I know getting one of those FM transmitters is an option but i wanted to reach out to see if anyone knew of a better way to do it since those can be somewhat picky.

thanks! :D

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I am going to assume that your QX has a Aux plug on the dashboard that allows you to plug a MP3 player or similar in and play music through the head unit (my 2004 Armada had this, so your QX should also). I bought this unit http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Wirel...660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d5d8ff34 on ebay. It plugs into the Aux port on your dash, then connects to your phone via Bluetooth to stream music. It requires power, which it gets through a micro-USB to USB cable, that is plugged into the cigarette lighter (through a USB adapter). This does not allow display of the song titles on the vehicle screen, but the quality of the music that is being streamed is extremely good.

I particularly like the description about the LED lights being "beautiful and humane".

Keith

#5 ·
The 04 QX didn't come with an aux port. The 04 Armada did. Don't know why but that is how it was.

#6 ·
Well, so much for that idea....... :(

#9 ·
I just ran into the same problem and have yet to figure out a way to do what you are asking...according to the owners manual it can be done but I am here to say it doesn't work! The only way we could make any progress was for the rear seat passengers to plug earbuds into overhead console jacks and then we could use radio upfront!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.