Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Manifolds and Cats

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nightowl 
#1 ·
So my QX is at the shop right now and they are telling me I need new manifolds and catalytic converters. I already have a CAI on the car. My question is if I buy stillen headers and stillen b-pipes would I need to purchase an entire new exhaust as well(or can stock exhaust handle it for the time being) or a programmer to adjust some things? Any help is appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
Go with headers JBA. It's known that the oem manifold will crack again. If you're not in California then go with aftermarket headers. Hit up Jeff at Cajun they are a vendor here and will help. If you're in California then you will need to do a short headers and weld an oem cat to them to be smog legal. There was a company that was mentioned on titantalk called valina that makes a California legal cat alternative to the oem. And one of the SoCal vendor is called fms. I believe this is cheaper then an oem cat. You can also buy a used cat and weld it. Otherwise oem will cost you an arm and leg.

#6 ·
The NISMO headers didn't require lengthening the wires, but new ones are no longer available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.