Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Prices paid?

75K views 199 replies 61 participants last post by  tgmind 
#1 ·
What is everyone paying for their new 17 Armadas? What percent off MSRP? I'm located in south Texas and I can't find a single dealer willing to sell me one for less than MSRP. And yet, I've followed their inventory and it doesn't appear like a single vehicle has sold off their lots.

Any tips?

#2 ·
I paid 53K for an SL with Technology pkg and moonroof pkg. They included carpeted floor mats, all weather mats and 2 years of service(oil changes/tire rotations). I also got a good chunk off the extended warranty. Sticker I believe was 55,500. Some dealers will use the excuse it is a new model, we don't have to discount it. I had one dealer here in IL tell me that. They said, I don't need to give you anything off the MSRP. I told them if you want my business, you do. Which model are you looking at?

#3 ·
Either a 4wd SL w/ tech pack or platinum 4wd. I find it hilarious they think they can get MSRP for the car. Who is buying a mass produced widely available vehicle for MSRP in this current market? One dealer has like 15 new armadas that hasn't sold a single one in 6 weeks they have been on his lot. Boy, that strategy seems to be really working for you!

#5 · (Edited)
Yes I bought mine for invoice plus doc fees .
Mine is a AWD SL with tech pkg, sun roof, floor mats, out the door $52,300.00 incl doc fees.
That would have been my out the door retail sale price. I think msrp was up around 56k.

When I was shopping for mine, I saw a couple dealers discounting them about 3k off sticker.

#8 ·
Try Jackie cooper in Tulsa OK
They were the ones advertising them 3k+off.

I am not sure the dealer I found mine at is willing to sell a lot of them at the price I paid.

I had used a similar model advertised on the Jackie cooper website to prove to the dealer I bought mine from that I could buy one very close to invoice . That showed them I had done my homework and if they wanted to sell me one they had to get down to to invoice or really close.

I built one optioned exactly like the one I wanted to buy on NADA, just
so I had a good idea what invoice was before I went to the dealer that had it in stock.

I buy a lot vehicles. 6-12 a year. Mostly for our business. Normally I trade one of my personal vehicle every year as well.

It wasn't my first rodeo .

#9 ·
I am currently negotiating with multiple dealerships for an SL AWD. All of them are offering $5k+ off of MSRP, I'm currently trying to get them a little lower, 11% off of MSRP is my goal. They are very motivated right now, probably because of the lack of sales thus far? I'm not sure why, but a few weeks ago it was like someone flipped a switch and several dealerships became way more willing to drop the price than in September. Maybe that truck & SUV event that's being advertised has something to do with it?

#10 ·
Those are fantastic prices. Do you mind sharing approx what part of the country you are getting these quotes from?

It seems in TX, no one really wants to sell the Armada, at least at even a small discount. It's absurd. It's odd that the dealers are sitting on an inventory that is approaching 60 days on lot and don't want to budge on price.

Has anyone had experience flying to a diff part of the country and buying from a competitive dealer?

#11 ·
5000.00 Off is below invoice. I am guessing there must be some rebates, or some back end money coming in somewhere. I don't know if they have the sort of hold back needed to go much more behind invoice.

I am somewhat new to the Nissan world, but I suspect if they operate like some of the other brands, there could be dealer cash hiding on the back side, Which dealer cash is when the mfg wants to move product but wants to leave the profit up the dealers. Or in some cases there is dealer cash applied to certain aged units. IE. A vehicle on the lot 90 days might have a couple grand in dealer cash, that the dealer can use to help move older units.

Also they could have goal oriented sales that kick back so much cash per unit to the dealers if they hit certain unit sales goals. Either of which could be what is allowing one dealer to knock 5K off. At 5k off your well in back of invoice.

I have not seen any public advertised factory rebates out yet for the Armada's.

#12 ·
Looks like I may have to wait 6 more weeks before dealers hit the magic 90 day number and start willing to discount. In many instances, I can't even get the dealers to write me back in a timely fashion so clearly they are not interested. I've always been an attractive buyer with perfect credit and a willingness to put 30% down, so this is an unusual experience for me.

#13 ·
I have gotten quotes from the West Coast (where they seem to discount up to about 7% now,) through the Midwest (where they're currently discounting 8.5 - 10.5%.) However, I had quotes in TX - Dallas area & St. Louis - that were about 7-8% off of MSRP. These are all for SL AWD models, I've seen Platinum AWD models discounted lower.

I live in Hawaii and there are no new Armadas here yet, and dealerships rip you off here - so I'm trying to figure out if I can get an 11% off in the midwest - one said he'd do it if I bought on Friday because of some dealership goal - but I told him to get back to me this week as I don't rush into anything; or get 9-10% off on the West Coast - where shipping is over $1000 less for me to Hawaii. The dealerships in California are a PIA with the details, so we'll see where we end up this week - I want a new car already!

Initially, most dealerships wouldn't negotiate any below invoice; however, in late September something changed. This is not just one dealership - this is across the board and country - for the SL AWDs, I had found they were always discounting the Platinum AWDs very well - and considered buying one, but I just can't justify paying that much when the SL has pretty much everything I want (except the A/Cd seats...)

What I ended up doing is sharing with other dealerships their quotes (while blanking out the specific information,) and they compete with each other like crazy. I really don't think very many of these are moving, and have seen the same models in their inventories for around 6 weeks. I also stopped answering emails as I went on a week long vacation, and they are very anxious to sell one of these to someone they think is willing to buy.

#15 ·
How do you guys deal with the two most annoying aspects of contacting and working with dealers: (1) absolutely useless "internet assistants/consultants" (i.e. glamorized customer service idiots) and (2) boilerplate responses from supposed sales associates that never answer the question you specifically ask? Sometimes I have to restate my same question three or four times. Is this a new thing? Or is it specific to Nissan? When I dealt with Infiniti dealers four years ago I never ran across either of these issues and always got a prompt response (not boilerplate) directly from the internet manager (sometimes general manager).

#17 ·
I just had some douchbag "internet manager" tell me that my offer from another dealer couldn't be matched because it wasn't a "contract for sale"! As if I get contracts for sale from all the dealers when I request a quote. And this from the dealer that hasn't sold a single 2017 armada out of their fleet of 38 since they obtained them 6 weeks ago.

God, this process is such a waste of time.

#21 ·
I think some Nissan dealers might just be green when it comes dealing with higher priced trucks like these, and the type of well educated customers that tends to come with the territory.

My experience with both Nissian dealers I was dealing with was far better then any I had in the past with Toyota dealers. Toyota dealers sales staff generally seem very arrogant and difficult to deal with. My first experience with a Nissian purchase has been for the most part a good one.

My local dealer told me they were struggling a bit to move these higher end Trucks that Nissan has been rolling out this past year. They did tell me they had been doing better with these new Armada's then they were with new Pickups, but the Majority of their volume was said to be in the $20-30k cars. I know mine was about their 5 or 6th Armada sold in the past month.

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yep, that's what I was talking about backend dealer incentive programs. That's about the only reason you would see regular sales activity below invoice without any public rebates to get them their. The money always has to come in from somewhere somehow.

Ended up paying $57,139 (incl dest fee) for a 4WD Platinum. According to TrueCar.com that's about $1k below invoice. The local stealers wanted pure MSRP plus destination so I went to a smaller town about 40 miles away and got a much better deal.

...Rev
Congrats on the new ride!
Sounds like you got a good deal.

#32 ·
My hunt for the best deal has started. I went through the true care pricing and Costco. I got quotes from 3 dealers in Chicagoland. So far the best one came from Mid City Nissan at $4750.00 off Msrp for an SL awd with tech package, moonroof and floor mats. I would buy the Platinum, but I think it's foolish to spend 3000 more for 2 TV's that will never be used and a few comfort features. My goal price after all the home work I'm doing is going to be about $51,300. My next step is to talk to the GM at a few dealers and see what I can do if I order one because I'm in no hury to buy. I hear that's the best way.

#33 ·
Actually based on what we have been discussing here the past week or so about how dealer back end bonus cash works to incentivize dealers to move more units and achieve their sales targets, I highly doubt ordering one will save you anything. It could all likely hood cost you more.

Reason I say that is that the dealer will not have any idea how close he will be to achieving his sales goals or even if he would be set to qualify for any back end bonus money or even what public rebates might be available 3-4 months from now, when an order unit Japan might arrive.

Ordering a Japan built truck would not be anything like walking into the nearest Chevy dealer and ordering a new Tahoe built in Texas delivered to your dealer in 4-6 weeks.

There is not really all that many options or different variations or colors etc, I suspect there is likely something like your wanting out there already on a lot at dealer willing to make a deal. Sounds like you came to the same pkg conclusion that I did, SL with tech and sunroof was the best deal. The size and resolution on the rear entertainment just didn't seem worth it to jump up to platinum, plus I liked the machined wheels better then the bronze tinted wheels. I really did want the cooled seats from the Platinum but in the end cooled seats were not worth the 3K + cost difference to me.

#35 ·
Brand new Platinum owner here (4 days). Just a FYI. At least on the Platinum, you can also watch DVDs on the front screen while parked. I don't know if that feature is only available if you have the rear entertainment or not though. The heated steering wheel appears to get really nice and warm. Can't wait for winter to hit here in the southern US to see how it does. Finally, the cooled seats appear to be very subtle and almost unnoticeable. However, I imagine it will be handy next year with the Alabama August heat bearing down on my charcoal seats.

...Rev

#37 · (Edited)
I finally purchased my AWD SL, at 11% off of MSRP (~$48k.) I live in Hawaii and purchased in the mid west, so I'll probably get it late this month or early next unfortunately... kinda anti-climactic...

The steep discounts offered on the mainland made it a no brainer, shipping is going to run me a bit over $2k, but I'll still get the vehicle for less than I can on island when all is said and done.

Also helped another member here get 11% off on a platinum I believe, but I'll let him talk about it when he finalizes his deal/receives his vehicle.

#41 ·
I just closed a deal for $57,000 (incl. destination but excl. TTL) on a Platinum AWD with Captain's Chairs, illuminated kick plates and USB ports. I agree with previous comment that prices seem to be coming down because I didn't have to work very hard to get to this number. I didn't push harder because they gave me a good price on my trade.

While I think this was an ok deal, as with all car purchases, the simple fact that they agreed to the price makes me feel like I got screwed.....

#43 ·
You are funny to think you got screwed. While I will not say you got screwed, but I think they may have sold it for a good price for them also.

If that is what you paid without TTL, that means when you include TTL, you will be at $60,000 to $62,000 out the door. And honestly, because you traded in a vehicle, they are positive they will sell that vehicle for more than what they paid you for it.

So in their books, I am sure they sold that to you for over $61,000 out the door. And that is good to them.

Do you know what was your sticker price?

I think a good deal on these cars is when your out the door price is less than sticker price.

So, cost plus TTL is less than MSRP (sticker price). Then you got a really good deal on your car.

The good thing is you got what you wanted. Don't worry too much that you got screwed since many people will drive the same car but all would have paid something different for it.

#46 ·
Deals can be had if you are patient and look for high volume well reviewed dealers to do business with. In my experience I got the best offers from dealers in the Midwest with high Goggle/Yelp reviews. Kick the rest of the low ranked, smaller dealers to the curb and don't waste your time. I still have dealers emailing me claiming the best price they can offer is still MSRP! I paid roughly 11% off MSRP, or 55,600 for a fully loaded Platinum AWD (62.5k MSRP).

#47 ·
That right there is a great price.

What dealership did you buy from?

What was your OTD (out The Door) price?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.