Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

MESSAGE TO MODERATORS: Spamming the Forum

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  scr38 
#1 ·
Moderators - why are we suddenly getting so many spammers on our forum? I'd say at least 75% of the new posts each day are spam posts. Other forums I've joined require Moderator approval for posts from new members, usually until the member has 10 posts. I know this would take time to implement, and since our Mods are likely volunteers, this isn't fair to them. But I'm going to guess that once the spammers (I'm thinking it's one person, not a bunch of random spammers) have figured out that this new policy is in place, they'll leave this forum alone and go figure out another forum to do this to.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Keith

#3 ·
Ditto ^ it is quite annoying.

#4 ·
It is very annoying to me, since I am the one that is trying to stop it. I have been communicating with the owners/admin of the site to get some help with this. In the past I could block the IPs, but am no longer able to do that.

#6 ·
scr38 - thank you for your efforts to keep this forum running smoothly, and please don't take my comments as a criticism against your hard work.

Thank you.

Keith

#7 ·
We are taking some steps now to limit the spam. Hopefully we will see some relief soon.
Thanks for your interest in keeping our site a good place to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.