Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

paint job

17K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  ntrddragn 
#1 ·
Has anybody ever gotten their entire armada repainted? If so, how much did it run you?

My 04 looks absolutely terrible... nissans have the worse paint quality along with Hondas and Toyotas.

#2 ·
I guess the factory paint jobs vary; my 04 paint looks like new. It could be that my vehicles are always garaged.

#3 ·
My Paint is holding up very well for being 10 years old. It takes abuse of winter road salt and has never been garaged.

#4 ·
My truck has never been garaged. Though it is often waxed and a newer one. My Camry of 16 years looks perfect like the day I bought it. A good, thick coat of wax every now and then works wonders.

To answer your question, wouldn't be surprised if it ran you anywhere between $3500-$6500.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
My truck has never been garaged. Though it is often waxed and a newer one. My Camry of 16 years looks perfect like the day I bought it. A good, thick coat of wax every now and then works wonders.

To answer your question, wouldn't be surprised if it ran you anywhere between $3500-$6500.

View attachment 24594

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I minus well just trade it in on a newer truck then.

#5 ·
Well your armadas are probably a reflective color like white or silver so it doesn't absorb the sunlight. Mine is black that gets abused by the Florida sun. Even the dark color older titans look like junk.

#10 ·
I have an 05 White LE and paint still looks pretty good. It seems the darker colors don't fair as well. Just my .02 I agree with TexasArmadaPlatinum for a good paint job given the size of our rigs easily is going to be in that 3500 to 6500 range. Get a gun and touch up on your Plasti dipping skills I've seen some pretty sweet full car dips, and probably looking at only a few hundred bucks and you could change the color when ever you wanted given you have that much spare time.

#11 ·
Galaxy black here. From the roof line up, my paint is not o great looking. I do neglect it some days. Most park in the sun. Now I have a cover for it. Paint job would be around 3k+ it's the prep work. I guess if you negotiate the price if you prep it for them it might be cheaper. Since I'm planning on keeping mine it's worth it to me to repaint. But I'm leaning more towards linex instead. Same price.

#13 ·
Depends on 2 things......1 where you live! and 2 how good a job you want done.

The street corner chains will charge anywhere from $1,200 ( for a lousy job that will have some orange peel, not be prepped well, and will lose the gloss in a few years. A good quality paint job can run $3,000 and up. I have a friend who changed color, the painter removed all chrome, headlights, tail lights, windows, wheels, hood and fenders, painted 3 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear with a catalyzed acrylic enamel....and then reassembled the whole car for $6,000..........know what you're asking for, do the homework !

#17 ·
100k and 10 years and looks like new. Wax twice a year and apply spray wax each wash. Recent picture from this past summer.

[/URL][/IMG]

#19 ·
rsoto80....How bad is it? Is your paint peeling? Have you tried getting it professionally detailed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.