Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Looking at a 2009 Armada LE today, was in accident in 09. Dealbreaker?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AlvinNJ 
#1 ·
I am looking at a 2009 Armada LE with around 75,000 miles on it. The autocheck states it was in an accident in 2009, had to be towed and air bag was deployed. My friend who is going with me said that doesn't have to be a deal breaker, it depends on how it was fixed etc... I am taking it to a mechanic today if I like it when I see it.

Should I also take it to a body shop for a once over?

Should I just act on the side of caution and not consider it to begin with?

The last thing I need right now is getting stuck with a lemon. But I've read many used cars have been in an accident, the upside can be getting a great price but the downside can be it depreciates the value of the truck if I should try and sell it. (and that's beyond having underlying issues or alignment never being the way it was new and blowing through tires)

Thanks for reading! Feedback welcome! I can also send link to truck in PM if you'd like to take a look. :nerd:

#3 ·
Before I bought my used 2007 Armada I hire a professional auto inspection service to check it out and the other 2 I was considering. I spent a little over $500.00 to have them checked and glad I did it. The first two Armadas looked awesome to me but had major issues the inspectors found. So my recommendation is to make sure you hire a service that does underbody checks. Good ones will give you photos and a comprehensive list.

Good luck

#4 ·
Ditto what alvinnj said. I'm a very firm believer in getting any used vehicle inspected by a trusted INDEPENDENT mechanic.

#7 ·
Thanks. I passed on the vehicle. Took it to a great mechanic in the area. He told me to let this one go. I totally agreed. It had issues. I'm having a hard time finding an Armada in good condition and that I can afford and where the dealer isn't full of it or himself. I've been looking for months. And I would never buy one without an indy mechanic or my mechanic taking a look.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Feedback on this forum has been very helpful and supportive.

This was the armada
http://www.hertrichnissan.com/used/Nissan/2009-Nissan-Armada-f418f7350a0a00644d0061de0df95c4d.htm

Beyond the accident it has suspected transmission issues. And as a new one I hasn't heard yet, someone had either stole or taken out the back up camera. I could write a blog on this process at this point!

Signed,
Trying to keep the faith there is an Armada out there for me...

#8 ·
Check out cars.com if you haven't already. That's how I found mine. I have to do a bit of a drive to get it bit I think it was worth it.

#9 ·
Thanks. I've been all over those websites. I'll expand my search area as long as I can find a great mechanic who will pick the truck apart like my mechanic would. Right now I'm seeing all the same listings in my mile range so I'm sitting tight for right now.

#10 ·
Have you checked out the ones for sale on here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.