Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

remove dashboard

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tmation 
#1 ·
anyone know how to remove the dashboard and instrument cluster. long story but after several attempts by dealer to fix the blinking srs light, i have settled to try myself by removing the blinking light itself. thanks

#3 ·
Have you tried the air bag reset procedure? Or inspected the connector under the passenger seat? You can search here; there are several threads on the problem.

#4 ·
ive reset it several times but it doesnt fix the issue so the light comes back on. the dealer has addressed the issue several times but we all know how that story goes. im at the point where i just want he light to stop blinking in my face when im driving.

#6 · (Edited)
There is a thread about changing the colour of your dash LED's which tells you how to remove the instrument cluster (its not hard you don't have to remove the whole dash).

Found it http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22945

There is no lamp to remove as it is an LED, plus you have to dismantle the complete cluster to get at them.

There is a small loom that goes to the seat belt pretensioners that is causing the problem, you can get a new one ($280 I believe) or get a competent auto electrician to extend the 4 wires and the do the airbag reset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.