Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

JBA LT Headers, Cajun B Pipes, UpRev Tuning questions

85K views 170 replies 33 participants last post by  nightowl 
#1 ·
Well, the '08 Mada is right on schedule. Pretty sure I got a cracked manifold. Just trying to confirm. Does it make a clicking noise when the motor fires? I believe that's what my issue is.

I am currently gathering all of the tools and assorted gaskets that go along with purchasing the Stage II performance kit from CajunBpipes.Com. I plan on going with catted b-pipes and keeping the factory exhaust to keep the increased sound to a minimum. Anybody got a sound clip of this particular setup?

Also, I am selling my BullyDog Triple Dog GT to help fund the purchase of the headers and bpipes. The stage II kit comes with UpRev tuning. Can someone please explain to me how the tuning works (i.e. what are datalogs? how do I apply the tuning? HOw do I send and receive tuning info? How many tunes do i get? etc)?

Hoping to order my Stage II kit in the next couple of weeks and will use the awesome "how-to" thread that was posted on here recently to accomplish the install. I have never undertaken this big of a task on the armada so I am rather nervous but can't see spending a bunch of money to have somebody else do it if i have the tools already.

I would appreciate any and all advice, answers to my questions above, and any other input.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
My Advice....take your time and find patience with the removal of the manifolds. The engine mounts need to be loosened and lift the engine up a good inch to inch-n-half. Well worth the 11 hours it took me! Cajun B-Pipes and Cajun Tuning are your friends!!!! I love the UpRev setup and am now looking at a Level 10 Converter and upgraded VB for the transmission. All I can say is this thing is a beast now!!!

#4 ·
We make the Uprev process very easy, basically I'll first mail you the Osiris standard kit, that includes an Uprev OBD2-USB reflash cable so that you can reflash the ecu on your own, as well as datalog (record how the trucks running while you drive around), check and clear codes, etc. As soon as you receive it you'll be able to access the software and verify your ecu part number, with that and any modifications you have done I'll be able to create you a custom base tune and email it over... you just reflash that and then record a couple datalogs driving around so I can see how she's running and send you an updated tune, then repeat until its running just right. This includes setting up any additional maps you want, and as many updates as you need to get it dialed in.

#5 ·
Seymore, seems like a cool and easy enough setup.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for the valuable information fellas. I called nightowl and he laid it all out for me. I have received my:

4 QTY - 20692-65J00 gaskets
2 QTY - 14036-7S001 gaskets

My next question is, if i wanted to replace every nut (14094-JG30A), how many nuts do i need? I bought the Mada used and I realized that the first owner had it in Minnesota from 2008-2010. I am worried they are going to be rusted to the point they won't be useable. This is our only vehicle and I won't be able to run to the dealer and grab more in the middle of the install so I want to be thoroughly prepared to accomplish the entire task at once.

Should be ordering my Stage II kit from Cajun any day now!

#9 ·
Well fellas, the JBA headers have arrived from Nightowl and they are gorgeous dark grey titanium ceramic coated. My UpRev cable should be here tomorrow from Seymore4 and the stainless catted 2.5" b pipes next week. I can't say enough about how courteous and helpful both Nightowl and Seymore4 have proven already. I am so glad you guys recommended Cajun. I can't wait to get to work making the Armada beastly.

I have already berated Joe with questions about tuning and whatnot and he is unbelievably quick to respond and full of good information.

#18 ·
Awesome Man! You couldn't have picked better folks to work with. Nightowl and Seymore4 are the deal.

I got my LT Headers and B Pipes installed by a friend of one of my coworkers who happens to be a mechanic at a Nissan Dealership. Charged me 300 bucks and threw in a free oil change. Couldn't pass that up. He said the install took 4 hours and he didn't have a single issue with rounding off nuts or broken studs...which shocked me because he told me not to mess with penetrating oil.

Anyhow, got it home and it was throwing 2 codes. Figured that was to be expected and ran a datalog for Seymore4. He emailed back saying that he thought my primary 02 sensor was fried on bank 2. Got that replaced today and ran another log for him. Replacing it was actually a breeze, glad I didn't pay to have that done. Waiting to hear back, and knowing him, it'll be sooner rather than later!

With all that being said, just driving it around with the base tune for logging with the headers and b pipes has me excited. The beast is coming alive. >:D

#12 ·
The B-Pipes arrived this week and they look SICK. Found a Nissan tech here in DFW that is going to install the bpipes and LT headers for 300 bucks, so I am wussing out and paying him to do it. I got my base tune from Seymore4 this week and promptly dropped my laptop on the hardwood floor...cracking the screen...so I can't flash the Armada until I get my screen repaired today or tomorrow. I am itching to get this install done. So tired of the clicking sound emenating from my ride!

#13 ·
austin_asu keep us updated i been on the fence about changing my bully dog to a uprev tune with lt and b pipes.

nightowl.quick question on the stage 3 how far back does the y pipe to? id like to keep my current exhaust look which i have the pipes dumped after the rear axel so theres no exhaust pipes showing underneath ? ill post a picture up later tonight when i get home

#15 ·
Headers and B Pipes install scheduled for April 24. Got the screen on the laptop replaced and flashed the Armada. If you guys aren't familiar with UpRev, and how it works. I was shocked at how simple it is to figure out. I flashed the base tune, ran a 15 min data log, and sent it to Seymore4 on Saturday morning. By saturday night, he had sent me an updated flash, I had data logged again, and he had sent me a final flash. The Armada is running like a champ.

I drove from Fort Worth to Austin last Thursday night. The armada got 15.9 mpg in some moderate traffic and cruising 75 most of the way. There was a bit of a headwind. I didn't have UpRev yet.

I drove home from Austin to Fort Worth last night. The armada got 18.2 mpg in the same type traffic and cruising 75-90 the whole way. The only difference in the trips is UpRev and there was a decent tailwind on the way back to Fort Worth. I am not going to argue that UpRev adds a full 2mpg because I am sure the wind makes a difference too. BUT, it darn sure didn't hurt anything. And a mercedes E500 had the surprise of his life when he tried to cut me off in traffic! Thanks Seymore4 for some bad A tuning my man. CAN'T WAIT to get the LT headers and B pipes installed!

#21 ·
Thanks so much! The Armada is finished. I love that it's got a burble to it but sounds bone stock on cruise control. I have nothing but good things to say about Cajun B Pipes and Tuning.

Seymore4 and Nightowl are the real deal. Can't wait to do business with them again.

#23 ·
You guys are at the top of my list the next time I have a couple grand to spend! :D

#25 ·
That has to do with the catalyst cell count. The smaller the number the more flow you get. I strictly use 200 cell magna flow cats as those are the best you can get for the money. These cats are metallic substrate and not ceramic like some others out there so beware.

#28 ·
When using long tubes and B pipes with cats the sensor must be located on the down stream side of the cats. So plug the other.

#31 · (Edited)
Big Kudos to bsljacques for being patient with me about any pointers he can give me during this past two weeks installing my JBA long tube headers and the Cajun B- Pipes from Nightowl. I was able to get it done last night before midnight. I will fire up the Beast this morning after thoroughly checking everything.
Next in line is the UP REV tuning from Seymore 4.
Thanks again for everything. Really much appreciated. It was worth it eventhough it was a one man show (body aches and pains) saving some $$$ and using it towards the UP REV tuning. Have a good memorial day weekend to everybody especially to our VETS and our TROOPS that are serving overseas.

#32 ·
Okay, my turn. 08 Mada from CA with the same cracked manifold issue. Looks like I'm gonna have to replace with the JBA shorties. I know there are threads about the install of the headers but it appears that pretty much everybody outside of CA is going with the long tube headers. I'm stuck with the shorites because for CA only the shorties have the CARB number. So, if anybody knows. Are the shorties a direct "exchange?" In orher words, will I have to make any mods or can I unbolt the old original manifolds and just swap them out or will I have to end up at the exhaust shop to have mods made?

Any help woudl be wonderful, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.