Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

New Armada 2014 SL Owner

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  liquid1 
#1 ·
Really concerned about the gas mileage. I have 105 miles and have average 5mpg. Please tell me if gets better!!!

#2 ·
It should, but not by much. I average 12mpg with a cold air intake. Also I normally don't put my foot in it, unless I'm on the highway or on a road trip. If you really wanna get into the mid-to-high teens as far as mpg goes then look into a cold air intake, free flowing exhaust, and an economy tune. Welcome to the club!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Welcome to the club. Don't worry much about the gas since the Armada is known to not give great gas mileage. But not 5mpg. Just no way that can happen, even with all these people who have mentioned towing. They don't even get that bad.

#4 ·
There's a real time graph on the display . I think it's press info then fuel economy. Watch the graph rise and fall while you drive . It will give you an average. You can't drive that truck like a sports car and expect to conserve fuel. :) Going up steep hills and stop and go traffic make it thirsty :)

#7 ·
WOW, someone gets worst mileage than me. Not a chance. Something is not right there.

#11 ·
Have you tried while driving go into INFO on display then click FUEL ECONOMY.
Reset where it says Average Fuel Economy and drive around. Keep an eye on the bar display as it goes up and down when you hit the gas. You should average around 14mpg in town and 16mpg on the highway if not take it back something maybe wrong . Good Luck !

#10 ·
10-12 City

I am averaging 10-12 mpg in city. (Dallas area) stop and go traffic and buying Shell or Chevron regular grade. When my wife is running the taxi service for the kids she gets 9-10mpg. I currently have 3,000 miles on it..I've had v8 trucks in the past and it's really no different. I just drove my friend's new Ford ecotec v6. While it did feel like it had more power than a v6, it had major hesitation when starting acceleration. I didnt buy my Armada for fuel economy! I bought it for everything else. All you have to do is see your Armada parked next to ANY other SUV and you'll see why you get lower fuel economy. You're driving a truck! Not a car! ...and now that Gas is around 2.50 per gallon. What's not to like? :laugh:

#12 ·
I am averaging 10-12 mpg in city. (Dallas area) stop and go traffic and buying Shell or Chevron regular grade. When my wife is running the taxi service for the kids she gets 9-10mpg. I currently have 3,000 miles on it..I've had v8 trucks in the past and it's really no different. I just drove my friend's new Ford ecotec v6. While it did feel like it had more power than a v6, it had major hesitation when starting acceleration. I didnt buy my Armada for fuel economy! I bought it for everything else. All you have to do is see your Armada parked next to ANY other SUV and you'll see why you get lower fuel economy. You're driving a truck! Not a car! ...and now that Gas is around 2.50 per gallon. What's not to like? :laugh:
At work i drive an expedition and get about 9-10 mpg. Those that dtive v6 explorer get about the same. We drive them hard but i would expect better from the v6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.