Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Just wanted to say Thanks!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scr38 
#1 ·
Short version: Thank you to the people who post here and help others.

Longer version:

In 1994, I was just married, still in school and poor as a church mouse. Blower went out in the wife's accord. With zero money in the budget for repairs, I had no choice but to do what I could on my own. I was successful in replacing the blower, but just could not figure out how to get the glove box back in. A few years later, we sold the accord and yes, the glove box was still in the back seat.

Fast forward to today...

Was taking the daughter to school when the front blower stopped working on my '09 Armada. Not being mechanically inclined, I cringed at the thought of what any shop would charge to diagnose and repair. Rather than give in, I decided to give it a go myself. I figured at worst we had plenty of room in the Armada to store a glove box.

After a few minutes of google searching, I ran across this forum. It literally had everything I needed and more. Started with the fuses and where to find them. Replaced the vbc, air filters (did not even know my car had them) and then the blower motor. In hindsight, did not need to replace the vbc. But having seen the number of issues other had with it, it sure will not hurt. In the end it was the blower motor itself and all is back where it should be. Even the glove box is back in.

Was this a big deal in the grand scheme of auto repair? No. But a working fan is a big deal to the wife and this forum was exactly what I needed. If you are one of those that regularly contribute to help others and wonder why, I am that reason why and I thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to CA; glad the site was help to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.