Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

winter story of the day

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Campfamily 
#1 ·
just wanted to give you guys a story of last night:
our driveway is on a slope, and no one shoveled our driveway so by the time I got home from work, I parked it, not realizing the driveway was basically a ice rink. I applied the e-brake.

10 minutes later my brother in law tells me the qx is down the street! the street was also not snowplowed. lucky it didn't hit any cars on the street.

just wanted to give you guys a heads up as I guess the all season light snow tires didn't hold up. I know, I should of gotten snow tires since treads don't freeze but it barely snows here so that was my logic.

I think next year, snow tires for sure hahaha...

#2 ·
Awesome story.

Here's my winter story. This morning, when I was driving to work, my car chimed to tell me it was below 37 degrees. I responded by turning on the steering wheel heater, and adjusting my seat heater one step higher.

Yes, we're suffering from a real cold snap out here in California!! It actually has been below 30 degrees in some areas of Los Angeles. Can you believe it? :crikey:

I don't know how you guys in real winter climates do it, I'd go crazy if it was like that all winter!

Keith

#3 ·
For the last two weeks we been getting a heat wave of 40 degrees. Kinda weird in mid January but my winter story gets told by the following pics. The first one was posted in the news.

Water Photo caption Human Photography Adaptation

My driveway this morning

Water Light Sky Night Lighting

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
One thing frustrating about these rigs is they cannot be locked into 4x4 while parked because it disengages as soon as the engine is shut off. The only way I've found around it is to park in the street instead of the driveway and turn the downhill side of my wheels into the curb.

#5 ·
Aren't you supposed to turn your wheels into the curb anyway when parking on a hill? ;) :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#8 ·
Not the guys who live in sunny Diego. :D ;)

Keith I came out of the house, it was 60°. I turned the heater on. LOL
25 degrees in my back yard Sunday morning when I got up. A bit warmer the last couple of mornings, but still in the low 30's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.