Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Deflectors

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Slick773 
#1 ·
What are the pros and cons of sunroof/moonroof deflectors and hood bug deflectors. I have a 2014 Armada and would like to know if they are worth the expense and function as advertised?

#2 ·
The hood bug deflector is helpful for protecting the paint from rocks.

#3 ·
i have a hood deflector on the qx. it has saved the front from bugs and other debris.

moonroof deflector's job is to reduce the wind noise when the roof is open. it can also help to vent the cabin when the car is sitting out on hot days. you dont see its open and it "deflects" debris from getting in there ans also prying eyes.. :D

i had one on my prior armadas (had 2) and i opted to not use it on my latest car (the Qx) due to it junking up the cars looks. ive had the roof opened a few times and the wind noise is not a bother on the road and does give off any major increase in noise.

if i had to pick on or the other, the hood deflector is worth more and does more in my humble opinion. YMMV of course.. :D

#4 ·
I have had the bug deflector on all three of my Armadas, and they did a good job of protecting the hood from dings and scratches. I had the sunroof deflector on my 2006, but not on my 2012. I don't miss it at all. My recommendation would be thumbs up on the bug deflector, down on the sunroof deflector.

Keith

#7 ·
i just made this comment in another thread as well but for sunroof deflector:
pros: acts as sun shade, blocks wind/noise
cons: makes your sunroof drains clog up faster (IMO.) To remedy I drilled several small holes in the bottom of the rubber liner to allow water to drain when my car is parked nose-downward during a storm.

#8 ·
I've noticed less bugs on the windshield with the bug deflector on. Gives a certain look to the front end as well. Thumbs up for me.

#9 ·
I need a link to buy a bug deflector for 08 qx56

#11 ·
Will do going Monday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.