Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

07 QX Liftgate glass switch triggers randomly and often

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  jonnydclark 
#1 ·
I have a few devils in this beast but I'm getting pretty annoyed at this one. Randomly (worse in cold weather) my glass electronic switch triggers and pops the back glass. This means the warning takes over my nav screen so I loose the backup camera and it beeps and takes over the nav screen every time I leave a stoplight. I've searched the forums but this does not appear to be one of the common problems. Has anybody ran into this? I looked on discountinfinit.com site but all I see is the latch mechanism, not the switch. I'm thinking of just unplugging the switch to confirm it is the liftgate switch and not the interior one by the driver. At times it will trigger every 5 seconds and the only way to make it stop is to lock all the doors. My kids get annoyed when they hear it while driving and ask me to hit the lock button. I get annoyed when I'm walking around the yard and I can hear it pulse,....... pulse....... pulse.:mad::mad::mad:

#2 ·
Just found a post on nicoclub titled "2004-qx56-back-glass-automatically-opens" which is helpful. I can't link to it because I don't have enough posts on here.

Appears it has more to do with when it rains than when it is cold as the switch is getting corroded.. I'll be taking it apart this weekend to see if I can soak it with WD40 and then water proof it better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.