Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2010 Nissan Maxima SE, Houston, TX

261K views 681 replies 42 participants last post by  PetitFrereArmada 
#1 · (Edited)
After browsing this forum for a while now and after my endless search for a second car and wanting a dependable and spacious family truck, I finally settled for the Nissan Armada. I am not new to the Nissan family, as I currently drive a 2008 Nissan Maxima SE. So, this is my second car because I wanted a spacious SUV for adventure.

http://my6thgen.org/f13/emiles-petitfreremaxima-17985/

Here is what I have settled for, but I have not closed the deal yet. The dealership is located 4 hours away from my city. I had to drive with a buddy of mine today and the dealership had to send someone out today to show me the car and let me test drive it. After doing all that, I decided I liked it and will like to buy it. Then, I had to take another 4 hours drive back home.

Here it is. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

2010 Nissan Armada SE with 63,700 miles. I am hoping this car last me till over 250K miles and hopefully does not give me a lot of trouble as I plan to take good care of it.

Date of purchase: 5/11/2013

Bought with 63,700 miles on odometer.

CURRENT ODOMETER: 82,000

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, welcome to the forum

#3 ·
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Is that limo tint on your windows? The color matched paint on your rims look great! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

The tint is the same dealership tint that is on all Armada's that leave the dealership.

I too think the color match with the rims is interesting. For me, the truck's color kind of have a miliatry look to it. I don't know if others see it like that. But it appears to me somehow like that. The only thing is I like leather and this does not have leather. So, I am already looking at how much it can cost me to install katzkin leather in it. I wish I knew a reputable shop that could do it and for what price.

#5 ·
Very Nice. Welcome to the club.

#6 · (Edited)
So, I made the 4 hours drive each way finally to go pick up my Mada. Wow!!! That girl is BIG, but she is no slacker. She can get up and go. Who says BIG girls can't run? I had a friend of mine drive my Maxima, as I drove my Mada. And yes, he had to keep up, as I tried to see how agile this BIG girl could be. And yes, she can definitely sprint. I love this car.

Here are a few pics of my Maxima and Mada at dealership when I picked her up yesteday.

I will use this thread as my thread to keep up with maintaining, modding and keeping up with my maintenance.

Mileage on odometer @ purchase : 63,700

Will keep on updating thread as I maintain and take care of my car. So this will be like a "carfax" for any buyer if or when I ever choose to sell my Mada.

#676 ·
So, I made the 4 hours drive each way finally to go pick up my Mada. Wow!!! That girl is BIG, but she is no slacker. She can get up and go. Who says BIG girls can't run? I had a friend of mine drive my Maxima, as I drove my Mada. And yes, he had to keep up, as I tried to see how agile this BIG girl could be. And yes, she can definitely sprint. I love this car.

Here are a few pics of my Maxima and Mada at dealership when I picked her up yesteday.

I will use this thread as my thread to keep up with maintaining, modding and keeping up with my maintenance.

Mileage on odometer @ purchase : 63,700

Will keep on updating thread as I maintain and take care of my car. So this will be like a "carfax" for any buyer if or when I ever choose to sell my Mada.
Oh yeah,I have a Nissan Armada 2004 maroon-red and it runs very good.

#9 ·
Nice Nice.. :D

#11 ·
#12 ·
Installed OEM wheel lock. Bought Discount Tires lifetime balance and rotation. Went in for them to install my wheel looks and at same time balanced and rotated my tires for the first time. Tires are brand new. So, we will see how many miles they give me before I need new tires.

#13 ·
I stopped by a shop today to inquire about installing front grille guard and 4 fog lamps. Which foglamp is best? Hella, Piaa or KC?

I got a quote of $1,200 for grill guard and 4 fog lamps. Ouch!!! Is that what I should expect to pay? I saw this nice looking jeep and just took a pic of it. The shop claims that jeep is supercharged and has s 86,000 miles on odometer and they are selling it for $80,000. Wow, I wonder if they can truly find a buyer at that cost for such a jeep. Or was he just messing with me?

#20 ·
are they gonna fabricate you a entire grill guard? and grill guard as in brush guard correct? pricey as heck. u can get a brush guard like this for 300 http://www.carid.com/2005-nissan-ar...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKXVwumP7bcCFZB7Qgod_A0Aag

I wouldnt go with fog lights. LED light bars are the way to go. but they are a bit pricey.

Jeep is nice looking but i wouldnt pay 80K for it. crazy. lol..tell him modification to a car devalue it. :D

#14 · (Edited)
Today, I received and installed my weathertech digital floorliner. Looks and feels great!!! I like it, as I like it in my Maxima.

#15 · (Edited)
In my search for a roof basket, I have gone to ebay and found that sellers on ebay give a better price than buying from the manufacturers. Like the price of a Yakima Road warrior is a bit cheaper than buying directly from Yakima. I wonder why.

I looked around and I found a universal roof basket that measures in size almost like the yakima road warrior, but the price is half of yakima. Anybody know about this roof basket? If it is sturdy, I might just buy it instead of the Yakima. Any input? If you have used this other basket shown here. Or know anything about it?

YAKIMA MEGAWARRIOR ROOF CARGO BASKET
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAKIMA-MEGAWARRIOR-ROOF-CARGO-BASKET-CARRIER-RACK-52-x-48-x-6-5-/161024323059?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257dcc2df3&vxp=mtr

VS

Black Aluminum Universal Roof Basket Cargo Carrier Rack
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Aluminum-Universal-Roof-Basket-Cargo-Carrier-Rack-Car-SUV-Top-Luggage-New-/380628713939?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589f3d41d3&vxp=mtr

#16 ·
Bought and installed my Roof Crossbars today, since my Armada did not come with roof crossbars. Updating my build thread with pics.

#17 ·
Went a little offroading today at a state park, Huntsville State Park. It was a nice and relaxing day and I enjoyed the 1 hour drive to the park and back home. Sharing some pics.

I made a mistake of backing up my Marda into the water and sadly unto a slippery surface. So, after taking my pic, yes, I had a scare getting that Marda out of that spot.

Well, let's just say I had to burn rubber to get out. My rear tires on some slippery sea algae was just spinning, and instead of going forward, my car was rolling backwards. But gladly the 5.6 proved tough and I quickly got traction to get out.

Lesson learned!

#21 ·
Jeep looks nice. Is it a supercharged 3.6L or 5.7 L or 6.4L? Maybe it comes with warranty too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#22 ·
Took my Marda in today for transmission fluid change at the dealership. I couldn't contain my astonishment at how easy it looks to change the transmission fluid. I mean DRAIN and RE-FILL. After watching them do it at the dealership, I think I will be doing it myself in about 10,000k to see if I can do it myself. And I think I will be doing this every 10,000k or 20,000k to see if I can get the color back as close to new as I can. Look at the pic of the used one (with 67,400 miles) compared to the new fluid.

All one needs to change this is really the tool below. I asked the dealership to take a pic of it. That is what was used to unscrew the drain plug. And that is basically it!!!

The fluid they used is Nissan Matic-S. The drain and re-fill took just 4 quarts and a half bottle to refill. It cost me $86 out the door. I hope that is a fair price. Well, it was for me after calling around the 6 dealerships that I have their numbers to get the best price.

#24 ·
I've been putting this off for quite sometime. Guess its time for my Mada to have her diff and tranny fluids flushed.

#25 ·
I have heard bad things about trans flush. If you do a drain and fill like I do, every 10k miles, you have exchanged 80%+ of the fluid by 30k miles. It is as easy as changing engine oil on most cars. This looks just like the trans fluid change on my G35. I do this every 10k and mine is nice and red at 175k.

#27 ·
Looks like you went to Gulf Coast Nissan for the fluid change.

#28 ·
Yup! You are right. How did you figure that out, because there is nothing in the pics that gives it away as Gulf Coast Nissan.

I met one of the service guys there and told him I was looking for tow hooks. He surprisingly said he took his off his 2013 Titan Pro4x, but he does not remember where he kept it. That if he finds it, he will call and let me know and will sell it for cheaper than dealership sells theirs. I said, I would buy it. So, waiting to see if he calls me today or tomorrow if he found it and willing to sell it and for how much.

#29 · (Edited)
@Pops
Yes, indeed. I think I got a good price out the door. I am looking forward to doing this myself in 10,000k. It looked so easy, I almost felt cheated at the dealership. Well, when I do it myself, I will confirm how super easy it might just be.
As for the differential, I wish there was a writre-up so one could use it as a guide to do it. If you say it's as easy too. I would gladly be doing these myself.

@blackArmada_Dxb
Yes, you should totally do this. I know I always like my fluids changed at recommended intervals. Gives me a lot of peace of mind.

@5150ds
Thanks for that analysis that about getting 80% of the fluid changed. I might shoot for that. Will see how things go.

#32 ·
Scr38 recommends to drop the differential cover so that you can get rid the metal shavings, before one fills it up. Once that is dropped, even if the fill port is clogged, wouldn't you be able to pry it open?

#33 · (Edited)
Its not about being clogged. It could have been overtightened by the previous person who did the maintenance or the factory. My car only has 2200 miles on it but I imagine this car has a magnetic drain plug and will have most of the particles on it. You can remove the cover but I would be concerned about leaks after. If you do remove it make sure you have a new gasket or rtv sealant on hand and inspect it regularly for leaks.

The fill port is threaded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.