New Owner of a 2004 Nissan Armada SE 4x4 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
wheresnemo2000
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wheresnemo2000 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Cool New Owner of a 2004 Nissan Armada SE 4x4

New to the Nissan product line and extremely impressed with my Armada and its massive motor. Unfortunately, I am needing the communities help because my vehicle has some codes coming up and experience can save me thousands. So thank you in advance to whoever helps me in the near future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2017, 06:17 PM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
can you list the codes you are pulling?
post #3 of 3 Old 02-20-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
wheresnemo2000
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wheresnemo2000 is on a distinguished road
Garage
So far its showing P0430 & P1273, but from the research I have found and actually my cats, that probably is popping up due to the cats being cleared out previously. Guess no platinum for me, lol! Regardless I bought the ECM Relay and placed clamps on 2 vacuum lines yesterday, and so far no stall nor shut-off. The Engine seems mechanically sound other than those codes before. I was worried it was the TCM but from what I have read there would be a UCOMM code showing with my scanner. So today's drive from work will be the true test while in traffic to see if it was only the ECM relay that was bad. Wish me luck, and still need to buy some interior plastic trims and re-upholster the driver side seat.

Okay, well the verdict is in!! Conditions drastically improved after ECM relay was installed but i loss power and eventually it turned off on the way home today. Left it off briefly while still rolling in neautral in traffic and started up again just fine. Kept going home, when i arrived home it started again losing power and sputtering but staying its lowest around 500 rpms more or less. Im suspecting either vacuum leak or MAF because i disconnected it and the engine changed to a stronger stance. I connected a scanner and still same codes, despite the ones for disconnecting the MAF temporarily. The scanners live readings showed O2 sensor (2) displaying low reads during times of failure. O2 sensor (1) was at a constand. I turned off the car and on with the scanner and then it read as both o2 sensors reading around the same.

*Remember my cats are cleared but it shouldnt be reporting "lean" codes. Hence why i suspect its breathing in extra air somewhere

Last edited by marctronixx; 02-20-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode