Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Bad ABS / Brake Booster / Delta Sensor / VDC "Settlement"?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  securedge 
#1 ·
Has everyone received notice on this settlement? Go to the link below. The issue I see is showing proof of the diagnostic code (C1179). My understanding is that the code does not get stored after "an event" so very few would be able to provide this part of the requirement.

Did we just get sold out by the lawyers??

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/nbk/Landing.aspx

#2 ·
There are several threads on this topic. Any, yes, as is typical with these class action lawsuits, the only people who benefited from the "settlement" were the lawyers. For that reason, I chose to Opt-Out of the settlement.

Keith

#4 ·
I'm having the same issue with an 04. After opening case with regional Nissan rep she said I had to have "diagnosed" at my expense by dealer - of course it doesn't retain the code after reset. I have a BT OBD adapter and Torque app with me all the time now, hopefully when it happens again I can pull over safely and read code and take screenshot - assuming that is a vendor specific code that it may not pick up. what a pain, guess if they can't trust you telling you that it is happening to authorize the repair I can no longer trust them to build and stand behind a vehicle for me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.