post #1 of 125 Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Reedus
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reedus is on a distinguished road
Cruise control malfunction

I have read the various threads on the rapid blinking "set" button on the cruise control. It seems the cruise control switch is the culprit on most of these. I went ahead and replaced the switch, but once I started down the road, the "set" light started blinking again. The cruise initially set, but after about 30 seconds, it kicked off and started blinking. What other problems could I delve into before I take the plunge and get raped by the dealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
armada mike
SHIFT_Lurker

armada mike is on a distinguished road
Question Same Problem 2005 Armada

I have a 2005 Nissan Armada with the same Cruise control problem. When I try to engage the cruise control, the set blinks on and off very fast. I hope someone has seen this before and has a fix. If I find something I will let you know.
post #3 of 125 Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
gbertsch01
SHIFT_Hardcore

gbertsch01 is on a distinguished road
I've yet to use my cc........ i probably should while the Mada is still under warranty
post #4 of 125 Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
gbertsch01, I have found out that using the CC is the key for improving mileage (for me at least). In long trips I have been getting better that 17 mpg while using the CC.
post #5 of 125 Old 09-12-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Reedus
SHIFT_Newbie

Update:
Still have the cruise problem and I am sure it is wheels speed related. I can set the cruise and everything works great until I reach 45 MPH. At that point, the ECM shuts it down and I get that rapid blinking "set" light. Wondering if I have a bad speed sensor on one of the wheels?
post #6 of 125 Old 11-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Les7311
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Les7311 is on a distinguished road
Angry Cruise Control Concerns

I am rejuvenating this topic.

My 06 Fully Loaded Mada Cruise Control is doing the same. When CC turned "on"

- Set light on panel BLINKS

- Cruise light on panel is SOLID

........but cruise will not work.

What is been the fix to this????? Am 990 miles from home to now having this issue.

HELP!!!
post #7 of 125 Old 11-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Rumplecat
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Rumplecat is on a distinguished road
Garage
I had this problem and I had to replace the controls, but it may be something different.

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
post #8 of 125 Old 11-27-2009, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Reedus
SHIFT_Newbie

My was diagnosed by the dealership for 119 bucks. Turns out it is going to cost me 2,700 bucks to fix. They said that the ABS control module wen south so I am getting 2 different speed readings to the ecm. the one from the tranny is correct, but the one from the ABS, which takes its reading from wheel speed sensors is outta whack. The ABS control module is $1000 plus labor. On top of that, they said that the incorrect reading from the ABS fried a circuit on the odometer cluster, so i have to have a new cluster installed. The total bill with labor came to 2,700, so I told them to get $%#. Anyhow, I think my problem is not common, for most people, it seems the problem lies with the cruise switches on the steering wheel which cost about 80 bucks to replace or there is a switch on the brake pedal which disengages the cruise which seems to go bad. Either on i think can be diagnosed by pulling the codes from the ECM. Someone on here might have the link on how to pull codes by your self. It involves turning the key to the on position and then off several times and then counting the blinks on the Service engine light. One thing you might be able to try that might put you in the same boat I am, is to set the cruise at about 30 MPH. Mine set at that speed, but once you got up to about 45, the difference in readings bvetween the tranny sensor and the ABS sensor were to great and it shut the cruise down. Good Luck
post #9 of 125 Old 11-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Les7311
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Les7311 is on a distinguished road
Redus....I wish i could set the CC with the blinking lights.

so many floating answers, and wish someone had a direct fix.....guess thats what to be expected.

Checked brake plunger switches and they work ok, so am guessing the steering wheel panel is bad.....donno!!!!

Anyone else for a chime??
post #10 of 125 Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
AZarmadaFAN
SHIFT_Lurker

AZarmadaFAN is on a distinguished road
same problem here. I hope somebody has the answer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode