Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Sounds like a more useful question would be how much would it cost to fit an aftermarket hitch and wiring harness, and what the towing capacity would be in this case. Probably plenty for most uses. How heavy a load are you looking to tow?
I would stick with the Nissan factory hitch and harness, this system integrates seamlessly with the existing systems on the vehicle, and really isn't that much more than an aftermarket hitch and harness. As far as tow capacity, it would be whatever is claimed for a non-tow equipped vehicle (I think it's 6000 #s).
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author