2nd Row Bench to Captain's Chairs Help!!!!! - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 88 Old 12-17-2009, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
mkojak
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mkojak is on a distinguished road
2nd Row Bench to Captain's Chairs Help!!!!!

Hi all. I just bought a 2010 Armada Platinum. We would like to remove the 2nd row middle seat for the kid's to be able to get back there with 2 car seats in the 2nd row. My question is, after you unbolt the middle seat, can you easily install the plastic piece that is usually on the floor to hold the center console? I really don't want the bolts sticking up and I'm not too keen on putting a carpet remnant on the floor to cover it. Has anyone done this, and can it be done easily? Where should I get the plastic cover, etc. All help is appreciated!

Glad to be a part of Armada Nation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 Old 12-17-2009, 03:37 PM
hitmantony
SHIFT_Hardcore

hitmantony is on a distinguished road
There is a metal plate that bolts onto the same location as the ones you remove from the middle seat. The plastic plate then sits on top of that metal plate and is held in place by I believe four screws. The console then just latches onto that plastic plate.

2004 Nissan Armada LE(non NAV)
Current Mods:
2 degree TA, Stock Air Box mod, HID Headlights, SS Speed Grille, Garmin nav system OEM look, Qx56 conversion(interior), Back-up camera with OEM lane guide, Turn signal mirrors
Future mods:
Aftermarket headlights with OEM HID projectors, Captian chairs to bench seating(if I can find it), LED taillights,

OEM look NAV install and how-to(post #30):
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8077
post #3 of 88 Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
do you have the console? where did you purchase and cost? i have the bench but want the center console....
post #4 of 88 Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
post #5 of 88 Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Silver_Armada
SHIFT_Lurker

Silver_Armada is on a distinguished road
I have the second row Captains chairs that I want to keep. I want to do the conversion giving up the center console and adding the center seat (from the bench seating). I need the center seat. I've read on old post I'll have to remove the arms off the captains chairs in order to get the center seat to fit.
post #6 of 88 Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
D ROCK
SHIFT_Enthusiast

D ROCK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Armada View Post
I have the second row Captains chairs that I want to keep. I want to do the conversion giving up the center console and adding the center seat (from the bench seating). I need the center seat. I've read on old post I'll have to remove the arms off the captains chairs in order to get the center seat to fit.
I have an 06 SE that had a leather interior and the 2nd row captains chairs plus console. I bought a whole second row bench to swap out, but first tried to see if I could just remove the arms on the captains chairs and put the middle section in. Didn't work. There are some plastic trim pieces/covers that are not compatible, and after the arms are removed, the exposed bolt openings aren't the same length so the middle piece didn't just slide in. I ended up removing everything including console and floor cover to completely replace with the bench. Hope it helps, you're better off getting the whole bench and swapping, or you risk damaging your captains chairs

2006 Silver SE
Leather/Sunroof/Quads/Carbon Dash & Pillar Kit/Silverstars/2*Advance/20" OEM Rims/M&D 8.5" Flipdown w/DVD/Sirius
2004 BMW X5 3.0 (wife's)
1986 Audi Coupe GT
1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ
post #7 of 88 Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 PM
scot0410
SHIFT_Hardcore

scot0410 is on a distinguished road
I have 2nd row gray leather bench that I would like to swap to captains chairs and console. Excellent condition from a 2006 SE.
If anyone is willing to swap with same color and condition let me know.

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.
post #8 of 88 Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 PM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
let me chime in.. i have the bench and want captains.. i have a 2008 LE black leather interior... mint condition.. may have had 2 2people sit back there in the 14 months i have had it...

Last edited by marctronixx; 01-23-2010 at 11:43 PM.
post #9 of 88 Old 01-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Silver_Armada
SHIFT_Lurker

Silver_Armada is on a distinguished road
D Rock, I hear you. I thought I read a thread where it was done with minimal difficulty. I do want to take the easiest/cheapest route. Here in Corpus Christi, TX there are only a couple salvage yards and they don't have any Madas.

I have an 06 LE with Steel/Titanium leather Captain seating in excellent shape (i threaten my kids every time they get into the truck). I can provide pics if someone is interested in a serious trade. In the meantime i'm going to look in San Antonio...
post #10 of 88 Old 01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
scot0410
SHIFT_Hardcore

scot0410 is on a distinguished road
I have graphite leather bench in excellent condition. Not a family vehicle. The van is used for that. No scratches or anything if anyone is looking to swap for captains chairs and console.

If I have no luck with this, does anyone know of a kit that includes armrests that can be added to my bench seats? And where I could buy a OEM 2nd row center console?

Thanks...

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.

Last edited by scot0410; 03-08-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Color is graphite, not gray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode