#1 Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 PM
aterveen
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aterveen is on a distinguished road
Trailer Running lights

I installed a valley 7-way wiring kit. I directly tested the harness on the vehicle prior to plugging in the adapter after installing the all three relays, 2 blue and 1 brown. Everything else works on the 7 way and 4 pole flat except the running lights. I checked all the fuses that I am aware of. Any ideas on what else it could be. The kit seemed so easy till I ran into this one. I have been told there is a 4th relay behind the dash by my left knee, but am unable to find. Please help...if you have a pic or schematic that would even be better!

2006 Nissan Armada

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada-Sold
Miss ya girl!

___This Is How We ROLL!!!___
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
peglaws
SHIFT_Lurker

peglaws is on a distinguished road
Ongoing issues with trailer lights

I have a 2004 Armada and had U-Haul install my hitch and plug. I still have a problem as the trailer's left side lights (brake, running and turn signal) do not work, but all three work on the rear of the Armada. Hopefully someone has solved these problems. If the mystery continues I may just patch into the left lights the way we did this 25 years ago. Thanks in advance.
#3 Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 AM
aterveen
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peglaws View Post
I have a 2004 Armada and had U-Haul install my hitch and plug. I still have a problem as the trailer's left side lights (brake, running and turn signal) do not work, but all three work on the rear of the Armada. Hopefully someone has solved these problems. If the mystery continues I may just patch into the left lights the way we did this 25 years ago. Thanks in advance.
I think you may be missing a relay...watch the end of this video and ck it out.

http://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Wiri...vehicleid=2004

2006 Nissan Armada

Miss ya girl!

#4 Old 04-06-2010, 12:15 AM
peglaws
SHIFT_Lurker

peglaws is on a distinguished road
Aterveen:

Thanks for the response. However, I have a 2004 Armada and according to everything I have heard and read, including the relay packaging, it only requires the brown and one blue relay. It is the 2006 and newer that require the two blues. Let me know if I am mistaken and thanks.
#5 Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
aterveen
SHIFT_Newbie

Question Please someone help

I have checked everything expect that illusive relay as I can't seem to locate it. Any pics or diagrams would be very helpful!!!

Apparently there is a relay socket under the dash just to the left of the steering column. Since your vehicle did not have the towing package installed at the factory this relay was not installed and will be needed to power the tail lights at the 7-Way and 4-way connector. The under dash connector will have 4 wires going into it. They will be Red/light blue, brown, black and red. This relay will be the same as the blue relays used under the hood. I would use one of these relays to test the connector under the dash and then purchase a new one for the under hood install. These relays are only available by themselves from the Nissan dealer at this time.

The blue relays that are installed under the hood activate the left and right turn/brake signals and the brown under hood relay activates the 12 volt power for the trailer connector.

You may also have a tow package fuse missing in the fuse box under the hood. I would use the legend under the fuse box cover and check to see if there are any open slots that are listed for towing and tail lights. From the information I was able to obtain there is a 10 amp tail light fuse in location 36. If so you may need to install a fuse to get the tail lights to work on the towing package.

2006 Nissan Armada

Miss ya girl!

Last edited by aterveen; 04-07-2010 at 08:03 PM.
#6 Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
aterveen
SHIFT_Newbie

Thumbs up Found It!!!!

Holy crap this one really ticked me off...and just when I about went to the dealer you all came through!!! You rock!!!

see this post
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...t=12150&page=2

STICKY THIS PLEASE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UnderDashRelay-trailer light relay.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	8546  

2006 Nissan Armada

Miss ya girl!

Last edited by aterveen; 04-07-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: add photo
#7 Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 PM
aterveen
SHIFT_Newbie

Thumbs up Impressive service!!!

I am so impressed with etrailer.com, and if you knew me that takes A LOT. I ordered my Valley 7 way wiring harness from them at a ridiculous price...$49.99..as Nissan wanted over $250.00 for the same thing. Just 1 of the relays was more than the complete harness from Nissan, NOT impressed. Anyway etrailer said that it took 3 relays, and well it ended up taking 4. Nissan, dependent upon the model year, sometimes installs this 4th relay and sometimes not. We were the case of NOT with the year of ours. So I e-mailed them, sent a picture of it not being there, showed them a blog stating that this relays was not included for the year of our Armada, and they overnighted me one. How cool is that! They definitely rate high in my book!!! Check them out: http://www.etrailer.com/

2006 Nissan Armada

Miss ya girl!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode