Drivers side window motor and regulator cost? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM
bvd
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bvd is on a distinguished road
Drivers side window motor and regulator cost?

Hi Guys,

My drivers side window has been working very intermittently the last few months. It would work fine, and then just stop. You couldn't hear the motor or anything, just dead, almost like the switch was bad. Then a month or two later, it would work good for a day or two, then stop again. The other day my wife rolled the window down and it stayed down, I couldn't get it back up. I pulled the window up with my hands, and eventually the window came off track and dropped into the door

I took it into the Nissan dealership today, he said it needs a new motor and regulator assembly, and also the window was off the clips I think he said. So they would need to get the urethane back on if that makes any sense. Anyways, the total cost for parts and labor is $715. Do you think they are taking advantage of me, or does this sound right?

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-22-2011, 12:08 AM
rhyan141
SHIFT_Enthusiast

rhyan141 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rhyan141
Yup got quoted about 450$ just the parts. The labor that kills you. Buy the parts & diy.
#3 Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Scorpion
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Scorpion is on a distinguished road
For that money I can buy a complete door. Go to a local shop and get a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------
#4 Old 03-26-2011, 06:22 AM
usedsoup
SHIFT_Lurker

usedsoup is on a distinguished road
Here's a video showing you how to do it, I know its a titan but its close enough.

You can get just the motor or the regulator and motor together, it truly is not that hard to tackle it your self. I did it on my corolla and it took around two hours. My motor was only $38 through Rockauto.com, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be twice that much for one on an armada.

Good luck.

Nate
#5 Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 AM
drauden
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
drauden is on a distinguished road
Garage
Nate - Thanks for posting the video's. I'm subscribing to this so I can find it when I have this issue.

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

#6 Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM
RC340
SHIFT_Hardcore

RC340 is on a distinguished road
Welcome to CA used soup very good video find
#7 Old 04-16-2011, 09:40 AM
drauden
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
drauden is on a distinguished road
Garage
Good thing I subscribed as now I need to do this, only I hear there is a national backorder on motors!!

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

#8 Old 04-17-2011, 11:00 AM
skullcandy071
SHIFT_Enthusiast

skullcandy071 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to skullcandy071
My passenger side window did the samething. I had a friend of mine that replaces windows and window motors and he cleaned it out. He said there was like sand in it. It worked for about 2 weeks and then it stopped again. It's been about 5 months since I have had time to replace it. But summer is coming and there is no way I am going through summer without a passenger window. Does anyone know if you have to replace the regulator when replacing the motor?? My buddy said all I needed was the motor but I am not too sure.
#9 Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
oshweeken
SHIFT_Enthusiast

oshweeken is on a distinguished road
rockauto.com

Has really good prices on replacement parts, I literally replaced half my suspension joints on my civic for under 2 bills where the oem stuff was over a G note just for the parts.
#10 Old 04-18-2011, 01:31 AM
usedsoup
SHIFT_Lurker

usedsoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy071 View Post
Does anyone know if you have to replace the regulator when replacing the motor?? My buddy said all I needed was the motor but I am not too sure.
The regulator and motor come out in one piece, then you have to switch out the motors and put it back in as one unit. Unless the regulator is broken or if you can buy it as a unit just as cheap, there is no reason to get a new regulator as well.
Good luck

Nate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode