post #1 of 17 Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
SE Alaska

Anyone on here in Southeast Alaska, or will be passing through Southeast Alaska (juneau)?

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-25-2011, 07:40 PM
drauden
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
drauden is on a distinguished road
Garage
Koosh,
Sorry, I had to laugh. It must be hard having get togethers in Alaska. I think you are the only one I've noticed from up there on the board, but of course I don't know all the members.

btw, Have you lived there all your life?

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

post #3 of 17 Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

No worries Don,

There are a couple members up in Anchorage area and maybe one around fairbanks i think. Yeah it's a bit tough to have get togethers up here, but I've seen at least 3 other 'Madas in Juneau and one QX so wasn't sure if they've made their way onto here yet.
I was born and raised here, but my family and I just moved back here a year ago for a job with my tribe. And we're only going to be staying for a little longer then moving back "stateside" lol.
We were in Durango, CO for 6 years before temporaily moving up here.

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
post #4 of 17 Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 PM
drauden
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
drauden is on a distinguished road
Garage
I worked for an Alaskan Native Company for 4 years. Their HQ was in Fairbanks, and the tribe was from the village of Rampart. It was an eye opener to see pictures of the tribe/village.

Don - 2005 Armada SE 4x4 - PGM 90mm Throttle Body, JBA LT headers, Cajun Catted B-pipes, Borla Duel SS Cat-Back, UpRev, Injen CAI, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Ballistic Jesters, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Train Horn, lights, sirens

post #5 of 17 Old 03-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Taze
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Taze is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Taze Send a message via MSN to Taze Send a message via Yahoo to Taze
I never got to see any of the "tribe/village" I dont guess. I went up on a cruise a few years back. I stopped in Juneau, Katuscha, & several other towns/cities. Its a really beautiful state & was much different than I had expected. It was nice to be able to spend time roaming the cities & getting off the beaten trail. I got to kayak up next to a glacier (Cant for the life of me remember which one). Great trip for me & my best friend at 19yrs old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	9625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Justin & Me Alaska.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	9626  

Last edited by Taze; 03-26-2011 at 01:02 AM.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-05-2011, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze View Post
I never got to see any of the "tribe/village" I dont guess. I went up on a cruise a few years back. I stopped in Juneau, Katuscha, & several other towns/cities. Its a really beautiful state & was much different than I had expected. It was nice to be able to spend time roaming the cities & getting off the beaten trail. I got to kayak up next to a glacier (Cant for the life of me remember which one). Great trip for me & my best friend at 19yrs old.
lol Taze the second picture you posted... the one with you and your buddy.... it's right up the road from the old "Indian" village in Juneau. haha... It is deffinately beautiful up here, but everything is so damn expensive it makes it a hard place to start out sometimes. In the pic with your buddy looks like it was the typical juneau overcast and raining off an on... lol

'05 Mada LE Slate
post #7 of 17 Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Spent a day in Juneau a few weeks ago while on a Disney cruise. Really loved the city, got to go up to the Mendenhall glacier, visited a fish hatchery and fish ladder, had fish and chips on the waterfront, then walked up to the capitol building and the old Orthodox Church. Very pretty city, we enjoyed ourselves there.

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #8 of 17 Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

The Disney crusies just started coming her this tourist season... I might have been driving around downtown that day... I normally stay out in the valley and only go dwntwn for my work... Two weeks ago a lake under the glacier broke loose and flooded the lower lake and the river... had water halfway up the sand hill by the parking lot... the river jumped up a class or two that day... haha

'05 Mada LE Slate
post #9 of 17 Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshtaka View Post
The Disney crusies just started coming her this tourist season... I might have been driving around downtown that day... I normally stay out in the valley and only go dwntwn for my work... Two weeks ago a lake under the glacier broke loose and flooded the lower lake and the river... had water halfway up the sand hill by the parking lot... the river jumped up a class or two that day... haha
Wow! Would have loved to have seen that! We got some great pics with the family at the waterfall by the glacier. So beautiful!

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #10 of 17 Old 08-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Taze
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Taze is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Taze Send a message via MSN to Taze Send a message via Yahoo to Taze
Perhaps you know these places also. This is the glacier we kayaked next to. We docked at some sort of "mall" & then were bused over to this glacier. If I remember we had to pass an oil refinery yard to get to it, but that may have been another area.
We loved this "The End" sign at the end of a dead end street...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Justin 1.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	9983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Justin 3.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	9984   Click image for larger version

Name:	The End 1.JPG
Views:	60