Replacement part# for Overhead consoles - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
View Poll Results: Was this helpful?
Yes 12 92.31%
No 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

#1 Old 08-31-2011, 03:21 PM
jrm5f2
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jrm5f2 is on a distinguished road
Replacement part# for Overhead consoles

Hello Club Armada! This forum has been a life saver for me so I thought I should share what I have found out about this particular subject regrading Overhead consoles breaking. In my first post I taught how an overhead console could be repaired, see thread http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17529 for more information on that. Today I am going to talk about just replacing it if it has gotten beyond repairable. If your console is broken and you have went to the dealer to see about getting a replacement for it, I can assure you that the dealer has told you it is going to be around $1200 to $1500 dollars or more. The reason that they give is that when they look at there computers it shows them that the whole piece is for sale instead of the bezel console itself. I am here to let you know that this is not entirely true. You can actually purchase just the bezel console (plastic) piece by itself. I have verified this with about three Nissan parts department and have look at the diagrams. One thing that I should mention is that if you go to the dealership and give them this part number they will probably say that this is for an armada with a DVD system. The only difference that I have seen in the two pieces, is that one comes with the drop down box (where the lcd is suppose to go) and one does not not (which explains why they say this one is for the DVD system only, because if you purchases this it will not come with the empty drop down box). Don't be alarm by this, remember that you are going to strip out your old overhead console of it's parts and put them on the new one. The reason why I mention this is because the part number only shows up on the console with dvd. I will upload pics of the lcd screen once I have it to show you what I am talking about. Anyway here are the part numbers for the overhead console back and front.

2008 Nissan
Roof Bezel Console (Rear) This is just the plastic piece.
96939-ZQ02D Price: $240 - 319.25

Roof Console (Front) This comes with everything including the lights
26430-ZQ00A Price: $348-446.03
you can actually interchange with models years as far back as 2004, but you must change out the lights assembly with the one that came with your car. The reason being is that the connection (wires are different) Price: $180 -

Just a side note about the LCD screens a 2005 to 2007 is the same screen as the 2008 to 2010 the only difference is the plastic connector, they all have the same wires. If you have a chance look the service manual for the 2005 and 2008 models. To make it work, you would need to cut the connectors off and solder or use electrical tape when making the connection from harness to LCD Screen.

I think this does it for right now I will be adding pictures later to better illustrate what I am talking about. I hope this helps, if you have questions or don't understand something please let me know so that I can clarify. Thank you club armada for everything!

Last edited by jrm5f2; 09-01-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
jcb718
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jcb718 is on a distinguished road
I need the rear console with DVD and would like to see the pics so that I can see how the finished product looks.

I appreciate all the info that you are providing.

Great work!
#3 Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
#4 Old 09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
jrm5f2
SHIFT_Newbie

Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb718 View Post
I need the rear console with DVD and would like to see the pics so that I can see how the finished product looks.

I appreciate all the info that you are providing.

Great work!
Your welcome, I should be getting my OEM LCD screen soon. So hopefully it will be soon when I add the pictures.
#5 Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 PM
jrm5f2
SHIFT_Newbie

Here is a side by side picture of the LCD Screen and the original bin. They both look the same, the only difference in the two is that one is made with an insert and a extra mounting bracket for the LCD. I also included a snap shot of what bezel looks like without the bin or LCD in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0517.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	10087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0518.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	10088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0519.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	10089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0520.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	10090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0538.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	10091  

#6 Old 09-08-2011, 09:48 AM
jcb718
SHIFT_Lurker

jcb718 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! That helps me in deciding on how to continue. I will probably just try to fix mine and see how it goes; it can't get any worse. But at least now i know the part number in case I need to order it. I haven't worked on it yet, but once I do I will be posting pictures of the before and after and all progress in between.

Thanks again for all your help.
#7 Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
jrm5f2
SHIFT_Newbie

Picture of overhead bezel

Here is the picture of the overhead bezel that I order from nissanpartzone.com for 241.00

Note: you cannot tell from the picture, but the item came in grey. So be sure to select the right color for your car. If you do not or don't have the extra money to purchase the right color you can always paint it to match (This is way I tell you to keep all of the old items off of your old bezel).

Note: Correction on what I said earlier about this only comes with the bezel itself, it actually comes with everything you need (ready to install out the box).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0592.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	10268   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0593.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	10269   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0594.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	10270   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0595.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	10271  
#8 Old 11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
mookawoki
SHIFT_Lurker

mookawoki is on a distinguished road
great post, cheers

04-LE-4x4; Bilstein B6-HD on front; Volant CAI w Scoop; Gibson ss catback exh.
#9 Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 AM
N1SERVER
SHIFT_Lurker

N1SERVER is on a distinguished road
I finally got around to fixing mine yesterday. I used oversized washers and epoxy glue on the cracked. I formed the washed to fit. The epoxy glue was applied from the inside part of the console for a clean look. Came out nice....we'll see how long it can last!!
#10 Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Trickey
SHIFT_Newbie

Trickey is on a distinguished road
*** Update *** On my 08 Armada LE The console

Well yesterday when I was getting off work I opened up my drivers door to find that the Over head console finished breaking and come tumbling down!!! After a few weeks ago I ask the Dealership about my extended warrenty and they said nope its cosmedic,,,,I am very unhappy with this and when they wanted to sale me another one I bout Blew up! It Should be a recall This 08 is only 4 years old !!!!! So along with the front console that also has a crack in it and will prob fall soon ,,I'm stuck with ,,,,Here in Texas its getting up to 110 index today so ,,look out whats next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode