2004 nissan armada rear suspension air levelizer - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 AM
csuehs77
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
csuehs77 is on a distinguished road
2004 nissan armada rear suspension air levelizer

Hello Everyone. Im new to this forum and hope that someone out there can help me. I have a 2004 Armada and am having issues with my rear air leveling system. I tow a 25' pontoon that wieghs around 8500lbs and When I connect the hitch and the Armada feels the load the air compressor comes on but I get no lift. Im assuming that means that either the shocks need to be replaced or that there is a leak in the hose. I called the dealership I bought the vehicle at and they told me that it could be either one but the cost to repair is unreal ($250 per shock + labor). Im wondering is there an aftermarket air suspension I could use with the already installed compressor that came with the Armada? Ive seen a few online like the Air Lift 1000. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Welcome to CA csuehs77!

You can install the aftermarket air bags, but the plumbing (hose diameter) are different which makes for different issues. I would suggest tracing down the source of the leak and then making your decision. It is very rarely an issue with the air shock itself but rather the connections or the hoses that leak. Is it throwing any codes? I know there are some codes it will throw if there are issues with the electrical components. I'm not sure if anyone on here has swapped out air bags yet... some of us have been contemplating it and in theory we should be able to rip out the system all the way through the air compressor and install new bags, lines, and compressor and hook it up to the existing height sensors.

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#3 Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
#4 Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 AM
scot0410
SHIFT_Hardcore

scot0410 is on a distinguished road
It could be a faulty compressor. I had the same symptoms and it turned out that shocks and lines were fine. The compressor was bad. Came on with every start but was not filling the shocks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

06 SE 4WD Red Brawn, Leather, Tow Package, 2* timing, Borla dual exhaust, Injen cai, 4300k hid, Hyper Grounding Wire, Bilstein 5100s, PRG Mini Lift, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Second row bench changed to captains chairs and Console,Hunter Bull Bar, Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode