Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Armada Rear Springs

Ok people.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I have talked PRG Greg into doing some R&D for our rear springs. He said he's going to be getting a couple sets and looking into providing some ready to install Eibach springs to the Armada community... I know a few of us will greatly appriciate it and snap up a set- this will possibly partially cure the rear end sag many of us with Auto-Level have/are experiencing.

When I learn more I'll let you guys know... but for now that's all I've got.

**UPDATE**
I just spoke with Greg @ PRG Products and he said that he is going to start doing some testing tomorrow on the stock rear Armada spring(s) he got in. They have been INCREDIABLY busy past month or so and he said he is just now making head way on getting caught back up. I will keep everyone informed on the results and if Greg will start offering direct replacement upgraded rear springs. *crossing fingers* IF he does and we get enough intrest maybe he'll give us a group buy...

SO that you do not have to scroll through this entire thread I will post a quick synopsis of what has occured and info gathered here:
1. Airlift 1000 bags were initially looking very promising, but member here found out that they are NOT designed to provide any LIFT and had an extreme reaction when attempting to inflate (air bags turned into giant red blobs that squeezed out between spring coils and "totalled" the air bags).
2. Firestone bags appear to be best bet for air bags contained within OEM rear spring (as of yet- no reports of air bags turning into blobs as with the Airlift 1000s).
3. IF going with Firestone best to postion bags with fill position pointed up so as to decrease risk of air hose catching on debris and to maintain ground clearance.
4. Airbagit system completely REPLACES rear springs and is WELDED into coil bucket. (these can be designed to work with lifted applications, but would require serious modification if wanting to adjust in future).
5. Rancho and a couple other shocks can directly replace OEM shocks (both auto level and non auto level).
6. Bilsteins DO NOT MAKE A DIRECT FIT shock for the rear Armada/QX56 shock, BUT you can get a 5100 to fit with some slight modifications.
7. Per Greg @ PRG- TITAN REAR SHOCKS WILL NOT FIT REAR ARMADA/QX56 REAR SHOCK LOCATION! Titan rear shocks are MUCH too long (hopefully will be able to talk/get Greg to stock direct fit rear shocks for Armadas/QX56s in not too distant future)
8. While this thread is titled "Armada Rear Springs" it covers almost the entire Armada/QX56 rear suspension issues/replacements.

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: UpRev, GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.

Last edited by Kooshtaka; 07-26-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Updating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Beau
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Beau is on a distinguished road
Awesome.
I am sooooo close to ordering a set of stiff springs from Napa.
It would be great to see the results of force testing on the stock springs vs. the Napa springs vs. Eibach

2008 Armada SE
#3 Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

He wanted to use mine so he could do some more intensive R&D for the whole suspension of the Mada...... but I live WAY to far away.
Maybe we can convince him to prove the community with a larger selection of parts (pre adjusted Bilsteins for the rear? SAWs? Radflos?) kits for replacing/adding air suspension....

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: UpRev, GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#4 Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
Cool! Thanks for doing that Koosh! I don't have the sagging issue but would like to firm up the rear. I'll be looking out for new developments.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 4300K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - R1Concepts Premium drilled/slotted w/posi ceramics front and back.
#5 Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
nathancruz702
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nathancruz702 is on a distinguished road
Subscribed! nice idea koosh

2006 SE OFFROAD: All rows DVD headrests, K&N 57 CAI, full face brush guard, IPCW(carid)black halo LED projector headlights,10000k low beam HID, 10000k HID fog, glass halo projector fog lights, Altezza black tail lights, top/lower(not bolt over)black billet grille, flowmaster 50 series exhaust, R1 drilled slotted rottors, bilstein 5100's front shocks, bully dog GT 93 octane tune w/*2 timing, plasti dip oem wheels
#6 Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 PM
cjcorrea
SHIFT_Hardcore

cjcorrea is on a distinguished road
Garage
Subscribed! nice idea koosh

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App

#7 Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM
nathancruz702
SHIFT_Enthusiast

nathancruz702 is on a distinguished road
Umm I just said that...hahahhaa

2006 SE OFFROAD: All rows DVD headrests, K&N 57 CAI, full face brush guard, IPCW(carid)black halo LED projector headlights,10000k low beam HID, 10000k HID fog, glass halo projector fog lights, Altezza black tail lights, top/lower(not bolt over)black billet grille, flowmaster 50 series exhaust, R1 drilled slotted rottors, bilstein 5100's front shocks, bully dog GT 93 octane tune w/*2 timing, plasti dip oem wheels
#8 Old 05-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Keep us posted Koosh. If it helps, let him know that I'll be getting some too (powder coated Red) when I can save enough to afford the rear Radflos, my OEM shocks are shot pretty bad, I have another cracked exhaust manifold, and wifey's medical bills have been taking 40% of my salary.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#9 Old 05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
GRILL
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
GRILL is on a distinguished road
Im in too Koosh.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

'07 Smoke Mada: 20" OEM 08' Armada Rims, Nitto Trails 305/55R20, 6" ProComp Lift, Radflo coilvers, PRG UCAs, Firestone AirBag Spring Helpers, 2* Timing Advance, Airaid TBS, Borla Dual Exhaust, Volant CAI, Bully Dog, two Tech12volt underseat box w/ Alpine SWR-T10, Stinger 925 in rear & Alpine PDX 1.1000, ArmaDen 6000k low's
#10 Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll be sure to let him know and keep you guys posted. Trying not to pressure him too badly at the moment. lol

@Pops your OEM auto-level shocks, which radflo part # are you going to get? I spent some time on their site but all I got for my efforts was a headache. lol

I'm in the same boat as you Pops. My back end is sagging bad and pretty sure I have cracks in one or both headers. Sorry to hear your wifes med bills are eatting up so much... Good thoughs and health to her!....

'05 Mada LE Slate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode