Replacement for OEM scissor jack? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 9 Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
jiriki
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jiriki is on a distinguished road
Replacement for OEM scissor jack?

So I broke mine last time I used it.

I found bottle jacks from harborfreight to be way too short. Is there a good replacement for the OEM scissor jack that would fit in the same compartment?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Invanity
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Invanity is on a distinguished road
There is always OEM options on eBay...here is an example:

JACK

Its 50 bucks...probably can get it cheaper...

Anyways I was surprised you broke the jack, Ive never once broke a jack...damn sorry to hear that.

What happened to it?

BTW welcome to the forum

-Eli
04 Armada Moto Metal 18s, 325/65/18 Toyo AT2s, Pinch Weld Mod, Titan 08+ 4x4 coils, Bilstein 5100s (middle setting), Rancho quicklift rear w/Raybestos 589-1150 coils, 22" Magnaflow exhaust, limo tint, Debadged, Billet grille, bull bar, rear brush guard, Armaden LED package, Torque Pro Vehicle monitoring via Nexus 7 indash tablet (2013 Ver. w/CyanogenMod 11) ELM327 (OBDII-bluetooth), Viper Alarm, Die Hard Batt, Royal Purple Synthetics...lotsa plastidip
April 2012 Ride of the Month...
Thanks guys
post #3 of 9 Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 AM
mbender83
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mbender83 is on a distinguished road
Garage
i second this question...didnt break mine but id like to find something quicker and more efficient
post #4 of 9 Old 07-15-2012, 10:13 AM
08ArmadaSE
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
08ArmadaSE is on a distinguished road
There is a thread in the for sale section where someone is selling an OEM jack( I think) for 25. U might look at that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2008 Armada SE
No Mods as of yet. Wife doesnt want anything done to it but we will see.

2010 Titan Pro-4x:
Maganflow DISO muffler with JBA tip. Factory matched window tint. Tinted tailights, Debadged. Volant Powercore intake.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 PM
9balllrook
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
9balllrook is on a distinguished road
This is what I use, but hope I never have to!

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

post #6 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
jiriki
SHIFT_Newbie

9ball -

Which model is that one? Have you tried it out see if it will clear the tire off the ground?

That was the issue with the one I bought from HarborFreight, at max lift, I could not get the rear tire off the ground. I had to put about 3 or 4 stacks of 2x4's to add the extra height needed.

I broke mine when the vehicle lurched backwards a couple of inches and bent the jack. I forgot to move my wheel blocks and I was SUPER tired... I was so pissed off already trying to remove the old brake line when I installed SS lines.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 06:18 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
i think there was a post some where the Pops posted about a replacement jack. let me see if i can find it.

'04 LE
post #8 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM
9balllrook
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
9balllrook is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiriki View Post
9ball -

Which model is that one? Have you tried it out see if it will clear the tire off the ground?

That was the issue with the one I bought from HarborFreight, at max lift, I could not get the rear tire off the ground. I had to put about 3 or 4 stacks of 2x4's to add the extra height needed.

I broke mine when the vehicle lurched backwards a couple of inches and bent the jack. I forgot to move my wheel blocks and I was SUPER tired... I was so pissed off already trying to remove the old brake line when I installed SS lines.
It's the 6000 LB model, and will lift it off the ground, even with my 33" tires.

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

post #9 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
jiriki
SHIFT_Newbie

6000 LB model? the box says 24,000 and has a max height of 18-5/8". Just double checking. I think the bottle jack I have right gets up to 18-1/8". That's not even close to enough to lift the back wheel at the jack point. Maybe you're using a different jack point than I am?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode