Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Well as the title says, I'm the proud owner of a 2012 Armada SV. Picked it up last night from the dealer. I pull a Jayco Jayflight 29RLDS trailer, I had a Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.3 V8 but the weight limit was close so I went out looking for a bigger pick-up and ended up the Armada. Only drove it about 10 miles home and will get miles on it today. I have to get the trailer brake control installed today, leaving on a camping Tuesday. I read the owners manual on everything I buy but some things are easier explained by another person than from book so I'm sure I will have some questions in the upcoming day.
Welcome, Joe. Lots of us here towing with our Armada, you made a good choice; the Armada will tow so much better than your Silverado did. What type of hitch are you using?
Also, I seem to remember that Nissan recommended against towing for the 1st 1000 miles until break-in was complete. You might take a look in your owners manual and see if that recommendation is still there.
Pictures of your new truck with your trailer required!!!!!
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author