post #1 of 7 Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Pdxrealtor
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road
From Hummer H2 to Armada??

Thinking about getting rid of the h2. I'm a maintenance freak and at 50k just did a ton of maintenance and mods about 2500 miles ago.

Now I have a heat seater that turns on at will, and a misfire in random cylinders. I'm tired of the time and money spent on this thing.

How's the Armada for little nickel and dime stuff? I read they have the tranny line issue where coolant will mix with tranny, so does the h2.

Also read of people having air suspension compressor failure. So does h2. I just swapped to springs and ditched the compressor to avoid an untimely failure.

Really frustrated after taking care of this hummer as if I was going to keep it for 100-150k miles. I mean top of the line fluids, ahead of scheduled maint., preventative maintenance Etc... I have a hard time doing all this work on a 50k truck while my wife's mdx cruises along with minor maintenance.

My wife has an Acura Mdx, had it since brand new. Normal maintenance and no other issues at all it's litterally problem free!

I'd be Looking at a 2010 platinum 4wd with 30-50k, goal is to not go over 30k on purchase price.

Forgot to mention when I bought my hummer I was considering the armada also, but the nice firm suspension of the hummer won me over. I don't off road, but drive a lot in the snow.

Whats the besst way to firm up the suspension and wipe out all the body roll?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited by Pdxrealtor; 11-06-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 AM
blackArmada_Dxb
SHIFT_Hardcore

blackArmada_Dxb is on a distinguished road
Welcome to clubarmada, Pdxrealtor!!!!
Yes, it is possible to upgrade the suspension to suit your ride. Feel free to browse through the "Suspension/Wheels/Tires" section. You will find many stickies and threads on the subject.

One thing is for sure. You won't have to spend as much money as you are spending on the H2.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Pdxrealtor
SHIFT_Lurker

Pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road
Thanks.

Can you elaborate on why you think I won't have to spend as much on an Armada?
post #4 of 7 Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Get the Nissan 100k mile Gold Security+ Extended Warranty. For the extra $1200, mine paid for itself a couple times over and it provides a free tow +rental anytime yours is in the shop for any type of repair.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
post #5 of 7 Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM
9balllrook
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
9balllrook is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Club!!
I've got 165,000 miles in mine with routine maintenance, no major problems other than the normal 04-07 stuff( brakes, upgraded at 80k), but you'll miss out on all of those as your looking at a newer model. Way more dependable than a hummer!!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Fuel Pump w/295/60/20 Terra Graps, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

post #6 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Invanity
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Invanity is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum....I thought about an H2 prior to my Armada purchase. Did some research an ended up with the Armada. Happy soo far

-Eli
04 Armada Moto Metal 18s, 325/65/18 Toyo AT2s, Pinch Weld Mod, Titan 08+ 4x4 coils, Bilstein 5100s (middle setting), Rancho quicklift rear w/Raybestos 589-1150 coils, 22" Magnaflow exhaust, limo tint, Debadged, Billet grille, bull bar, rear brush guard, Armaden LED package, Torque Pro Vehicle monitoring via Nexus 7 indash tablet (2013 Ver. w/CyanogenMod 11) ELM327 (OBDII-bluetooth), Viper Alarm, Die Hard Batt, Royal Purple Synthetics...lotsa plastidip
April 2012 Ride of the Month...
Thanks guys
post #7 of 7 Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Club. Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads.

I haven't heard of coolant mixing with the tranny. I know of some that the clamps failed, $15 to fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode