2006 Armada LE A/C power dial stuck on high - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
xtrmrisk
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
xtrmrisk is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 2006 Armada LE A/C power dial stuck on high

Hello, i own a 2006 Armada LE. The A/C system in this vehicle has a drivers side temp knob, a power/speed knob in the middle and a passenger temp knob on the right. When i turn the A/C power/speed knob to the right one time, it sould power on the A/C at the lowest level. Yesterday i turned the power knob once to the right to turn it on and it turned on however it went to the highest blowing level. If i turn the knob to the right 1 2 or 3 times i can see the light bar indicator increasing as it should when you increase the speed, however it stays on high speed the entire time. I can turn it 4 times to the left and then the A/C tuns off. If i turn in 1 time to the right again, it goes directly to high speed again. Soooooo its either off or High. I can not select a desired speed. Could the A/C power/ speed knob be damaged? Is there some type of relay i can check? Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
You need a new vbc (variable blower control) module. Runs btwn $50-$70 depending if bought online or through the dealer. It's located under the passenger footwell. Replace it yourself and save the labour as its just 2 screws and a plug. If you really want to save you can open the module and replace just the resistor for under $2. Requires some soldering skills. Let me know if you need any more info.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #3 of 6 Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
xtrmrisk
SHIFT_Lurker

xtrmrisk is on a distinguished road
Hey Drewcs, thanks for the Info. I removed the vbc module and I'm going to take a crack at soldering on a new resister. Do you know what the resister looks like?
post #4 of 6 Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Here's the link to the very detailed post. Hope it works out for you.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/sho...r+new+resistor

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #5 of 6 Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Btw... If your not that great at soldering I would suggest cutting the old resistor off leaving the three prongs soldered to the circuit board and soldering the new resistor prongs onto the old prongs. Saves screwing up the circuit board. My orig resistor didn't have much thermal paste coupling it to the heat sink so I added a good amount to it. It may be why it failed.

post #6 of 6 Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM
giovi11
SHIFT_Lurker

giovi11 is on a distinguished road
You can find here if you are interested repair manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page