Advantages to purchasing 2012 armada - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Tanygirl
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tanygirl is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Advantages to purchasing 2012 armada

Hello everyone my husband and I test drove a 2012 armada yesterday, we have 5 children with one on the way so we def need the 8 seater. They are offering 10k off the platinum addition. My questions are being 5 foot 1 I am afraid that may be to much truck for me as I will be the primary driver, any thoughts on handling this truck and taking curves? I am also wondering about safety as I can't seem to find any safety reviews. Also when is the expected body change? I haven't seen or heard anything about the 2013 are they skipping a year like the quest? Last question is the best deal? We are planning on going back today if we decide to go this route. Other contenders were the piolet, q56, and Acadia.

Thanks so much for any replies and help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 AM
2012Platinum
SHIFT_Newbie

2012Platinum is on a distinguished road
We own a '12 platinum and my wife being 5 and a half foot tall, she drives perfectly fine. The adjustable pedals make it nice for her to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
#3 Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM
AngelVivas
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AngelVivas is on a distinguished road
Garage
My wife is 5" and she can't stop driving the Mada. Go get it...

Angel Vivas, III
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4x2 Silver Lightning

UPRev Tuned (Cajun Style)
Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust
Cajun Catless B-Pipes
Volant Cold Air Intake
CSF 3328 Racing All-Aluminum Radiator
2" Front Leveling Kit (To Even Her Out)
Bilstein HD Front Struts
Interior LED Kit
6000 HID Kit
Nissan Black Grill Guard

#4 Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 AM
08ArmadaSE
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
08ArmadaSE is on a distinguished road
Well my wife is 5'1" and loves hers. So you wont have any problem. My wife's only complaint is the windows are tinted a little dark but doubt well change it. And safety I will have a hard time buying something else. This summer on vacation we hit a cow on I40 doing about 60. No injuries and my daughter slept through the whole thing until I pulled her out of it. So these things are top notch safety wise in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1353256677749.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	11562  

2008 Armada SE
No Mods as of yet. Wife doesnt want anything done to it but we will see.

2010 Titan Pro-4x:
Maganflow DISO muffler with JBA tip. Factory matched window tint. Tinted tailights, Debadged. Volant Powercore intake.
#5 Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
Same here my wife is 5'2" she use it as a daily driver until I lifted it. It wasn't the height, it has more to do with her just wanting the stock look. Go figure. And a few yrs back I got into a 25-30 mph accident also. Kids didn't even know it. No crying, didn't even scared or startle them. They were 2-3 yrs old then. That's from my experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'04 LE
#6 Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 PM
1BadC10
SHIFT_Hardcore

1BadC10 is on a distinguished road
For being 5yrs old, my '07 is still solid. I've only had one hairy moment in it, and it was on a snowy/icy morning (not normal for Louisiana). Some yo-yo changed lanes, and I nearly clipped him. I swerved to avoid him, and was surprised at how well the chassis & suspension setup allowed me to regain control in just a few seconds. All this on the interstate at 55mph (normally 70).

I'm a 1st responder & firefighter. Was once on the scene of a head-on collision with a pickup & an '08 (or later) Armada. I was extremely surprised that the cabin held up WELL after the stolen pickup crushed the front end. Wish I could've taken pictures of it, but we are not allowed to do so.

Would I buy another, you bet! I just wish the platinums were just a bit cheaper...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2007 Armada SE - Family Hauler
#7 Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Your physical size doesn't affect your driving ability, it's just whatever you're used to and how easily you adapt. There's alot of semi-truck drivers shorter than 5'.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#8 Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
sidgarza
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sidgarza is on a distinguished road
Garage
Man a lot of us have short wives..lol. My gal is 5 even and the lifted/performance tuned Armada is her daily driver and she never complains. The pedal adjustment is awesome for shorter folk like yourself.

TRADED IN: 2005 Nissan Armada SE Smoke: 2.5 NCD front/PRG 2" rear, 305/55 Nitto Terras, 20" Xd Hoss, Bilstein HDs, 18" Magnaflow Muffler (12" exhaust tip removed), 4" Airaid MXP Missile Intake, Tint (35%front/5%back), Bedlined Mirror Caps & Door Handles, Plasti Dipped Front/Rear Bumper, Removed Air Dam, Debadged, Smoke LED Tail Lights, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Headlight Mod on Halo Projectors, 5000k Lows/Fogs, 5000k Switchback Turnsignals, Interior LED Swap, Superchips Tuned.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
#9 Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM
thunderglide
SHIFT_Lurker

thunderglide is on a distinguished road
Purchasing a 2012

We went for the used 2011. My wife drives it and loves it. She is 5' 5" no problem. She actually loves the size of a big vehicle. Gives you a sense of seeing everything in front of you. You can get a pretty good deal on a year old one with all the stuff. Mid thirties for a loaded platinum. We didn't believe all the review stuff so we reviewed it ourself and loved it. Good luck.
#10 Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
KMDColo
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
KMDColo is on a distinguished road
My wife is 5'4" and has no issues finding a comfortable position in our Armada. Currently she is 8 months pregnant, and has taken over driving the Armada full time as it is more comfortable than her BMW. The Armada drives like a smaller SUV, and the steering is very precise and not to heavy. I think it is nicer to drive than my parents Yukon XL.

I haven't found the source online, but there were some posts about the Armada being listed as a zero fatality SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2007 LE, S&B CAI, 2* Timing Advance, BullyDog regular 91 tune. Bilstein HD, Garmin 1490T hardwired with Ecoroute HD.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode