Center Console Airbag Light PLEASE HELP - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Jayjohn24
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jayjohn24 is on a distinguished road
Center Console Airbag Light PLEASE HELP

I recently had a new stereo installed in my Armada. It was a large touch screen which required a double DIN install kit. So we had to take the factory radio, climate control panel and any harnesses that hooked to the center console off to put the double DIN install kit in. When we finished the install the light on the gauge cluster was flashing. I followed the procedure on an older thread and got that light to stop blinking. However, the yellow light in the center of the dash which indicates when someone is sitting in the seat only comes on when the truck is starting up. Once the truck finishes it's starting sequence, the light goes out regardless of whether someone is in the passenger seat or not! How do I get this light to function properly? Has anyone had the same issue before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Olds67
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Olds67 is on a distinguished road
I have an 07 LE and my light functions the same way. If someone is not in the seat it will turn on for a few when I start it and shut off after a few seconds. If I place something not too heavy on the seat like a bag, it will do the same thing.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#3 Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Olds67
SHIFT_Newbie

I read through the safety section of my owners manual and it stated the front passenger airbag off light will not illuminate if unoccupied. So it seems to me it goes by weight and how the occupant is sitting in the seat. Hope this helps.

#4 Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Jayjohn24
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jayjohn24 is on a distinguished road
Gotcha. However, it doesn't go on when someone is sitting there either. Any info on what could be the problem? Wondering if it's because I unplugged it?
#5 Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Olds67
SHIFT_Newbie

I think it is functioning correctly. Did it do something different before the install? It should not turn on unless the occupant is under a certain weight limit or not sitting in the seat correctly. I am not sure what the weight threshold is but if you place something less than 50 pounds on the seat I would assume the light would stay on. I'm by no means an expert at the airbag systems in our armadas, just trying to explain how I have noticed the light working in mine. I have done a great deal of after market electronic installs from stereos, remote starters, chips and so on for my brother's company. I learned the hard way but before any install disconect the battery and wait 15 minutes. Only reconnect once everything is put back in place. This will mitigate any issues regarding the ECU.

#6 Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 AM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
the person has to be at least 70 pounds i think for the system to detect someone. just saying this for record.

its possible something has been disconnected along the way. if you have a code scanner , connect it to the OBD port and see if you get any DTCs. Autozone or similar will have a obd scanner and you can see if you have a code there.
#7 Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Olds67
SHIFT_Newbie

I had my 6 year olds sit it the front seat (while the I was parked) to see how the light functioned. I began with him out of the seat and started the truck, the light turned on for a few seconds and then shut off as usual. I then had my son sit in the seat and the light turned on and stayed on. I had him stand up and the light turned off. I had him do this a few times and the light turned on when he sat down every time and stayed on and shut off when he got out of the seat. When I sit in the seat the light does not turn on.

If you can run a similar test, that should let you know if you have an issue or not.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode