Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Suggestion if towing with Equal-i-zer brand hitch
For those of you that tow with your Armada or QX and use the Equal-i-zer brand hitch, I highly recommend you buy a spare set of L-brackets, in case you lose one. I just got back from a trip to Grand Canyon and Sedona Arizona. When we stopped one night to set up camp, one of my bars was hanging loose. I can't imagine how the pin could have fallen off, unless the safety pin snapped (real unlikely), so I'm guessing I put the bar up, then forgot to secure it with the L-bracket. I had spares in the trailer storage compartment that I had bought a bunch of years ago, thinking that if I had a spare, I wouldn't ever need it. The pack I bought had two spares; I had given one away to a fellow camper a few years ago who had lost one of his. This weekend, I used my second spare, likely because of my stupidity. I'm ordering another spare right now, so that I don't get caught in the future.
Here's the link to the part that I ordered. Probably cheaper places out there as well.
- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author