not sure which car to get? armada vs qx56 vs sequoia - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
merv
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
merv is on a distinguished road
not sure which car to get? armada vs qx56 vs sequoia

We've driven all 3. I'm struggling with this decision. QX a little smaller, much more expensive. Upkeep likely more. Such a nice ride, though. Armada nicer interior than Sequoia. Sequoia a little bigger than Armada. Anyone have a similar decision at some point and now happy with their choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM
opm1805
SHIFT_Hardcore

opm1805 is on a distinguished road
pretty sure most on here will tell you either Mada or Q. I personally do not like the new look of the Q and just think what mods you can purchase with the money saved by going with a Mada.

2012 Lakeshore Slate Platinum, *Airaid MXP*, *LED interior*
in the works, custom grille, headlight mod
#3 Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
If you don't mind spending the extra money, the QX56 is tops of those three. Problem I have is that, at that price point (mid 60s and up), there are other SUVs that should be considered. I really like the new Mercedes SUV, plus some Range Rovers are in that price range. I'd pick the Armada over the Sequoia. Only problem I have with the Armada is that there hasn't been a significant update since its introduction nearly 10 years ago. That the Armada is still competitive after that long is testament to how good of a design it was when it came out.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
#4 Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
My wife and I were in a similar situation when.we got the Armada. We went with Armada because of what you get for the price you pay.

We really liked a couple features the sequoia has like sliding rear seats, but price was way more and couldn't get all features we wanted at.the price we wanted... Some what of same situation on the qx. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: UpRev, GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#5 Old 01-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Mercedes GL is a better bang for the buck if you don't tow a trailer. Otherwise I'm glad I chose an Armada over everything else.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#6 Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 AM
merv
SHIFT_Lurker

merv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
If you don't mind spending the extra money, the QX56 is tops of those three. Problem I have is that, at that price point (mid 60s and up), there are other SUVs that should be considered. I really like the new Mercedes SUV, plus some Range Rovers are in that price range. I'd pick the Armada over the Sequoia. Only problem I have with the Armada is that there hasn't been a significant update since its introduction nearly 10 years ago. That the Armada is still competitive after that long is testament to how good of a design it was when it came out.

Keith
Hi, thanks.
The mercedes and the range rovers are really much smaller, that is our issue. Also, when I drove the mercedes, I didn't think it drove as nice as the Q. Our only issue with the Q, other than the price, is the size. (need big). We've pretty much ruled out the sequoia after today, so now down to armada and q. Still struggling....
Thanks!
#7 Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Since you're down to two, I would take each one out for a full day then decide from there. Buying a new vehicle is too big of a deal to make a decision that you later regret.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#8 Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Check with Hertz and Enterprise, believe both rent those vehicles. Might be worth renting one of each for a weekend to compare.

Keith

- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
#9 Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
IMHO, if the dealership wants to sell it, they should be willing to at least loan out a Demo. If not then I would shop elsewhere. I've never bought a brand new vehicle that I couldn't spend at least a full Saturday in. Used vehicles there's no way but brand new has never been a problem after explaining to a GM that I refuse to buy anything new w/o spending a full day in it taking my wife shopping or something.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#10 Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv View Post
Hi, thanks.
The mercedes and the range rovers are really much smaller, that is our issue. Also, when I drove the mercedes, I didn't think it drove as nice as the Q. Our only issue with the Q, other than the price, is the size. (need big). We've pretty much ruled out the sequoia after today, so now down to armada and q. Still struggling....
Thanks!
I just took a look at the specs on the Armada, QX, and Mercedes GL. They are all within two inches of each other, except overall length (the Mercedes is about six inches shorter, although the wheelbase is the same), 2nd row leg room (the Armada and QX rule here, about three inches more than the Merc), and 3rd row leg (the Merc is three inches more than the Armada, six inches more than the QX). Couldn't see much difference between the QX and the Armada in key specs, except 3rd row leg room. Towing, the Armada is highest, Merc lowest (but still 7500 pounds, which ain't bad). The Merc gets pricey in a hurry, it isn't any problem at all to get up into the mid 70's. The QX is mid 60's nicely loaded. The Armada is much lower, mid 40's after rebates and discounts, which are very plentiful. If you can find it, a fully loaded 2012 Platinum 4WD can be had for the low 40's. But, in my mind, the QX and Merc are a notch above the Armada in drive quality, refinement, and luxury. That's what the extra 20 to 30K gets you!!

The wife and I have been kicking the idea around of replacing our 2006 Armada, which has 82,000 miles on it right now. We still like it, and would consider a replacement Armada, but really like the new QX. Haven't driven or looked at the new Merc yet. Sequoia isn't an option, just don't like them. Waiting for the next generation Tahoe / Denali / Suburban to come out from GM. GM is on a roll right now, so hopefully they'll continue with these vehicles.

Keith

--Paul Sweeney, author

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode