Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
I know there are plenty of folks on these forums with 04 Armadas and Qs that have not had significant problems, but I personally would stay away from the 2004 and 2005 model year. The reliability on those two years was signficantly worse than later years. 2004 was the first year for these trucks, and Nissan didn't get all the bugs worked out before they came to market. I bought a 2004, and ended up lemon lawing it. I now have a 2006, and have 82K miles on it. A few minor problems, but overall, very satisfied. I'm thinking for your budget, you should have no trouble finding a later model (perhaps even a 2008 or so) Armada with similar miles without much trouble; take a look at Carmax for a quick idea of what is out there, then subtract 2-3K for a private buy. Remember, before 2011, the Q and the Armada were essentially the same vehicle, the only changes being a nicer interior, a few luxury features, and different front and rear styling.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author