2013 Missing "Comfort & Convenience" - Page 4 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#31 Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Capt_X
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Capt_X is on a distinguished road
Headlight Sensitivity Settings Changed!

Went to the dealership today and within 30 mins they changed the setting for me to Mode 3, which is the most sensitive and did not even charge me.

I can understand how many people are getting the run around from their dealers. As my previous post stated, my sales person spoke to one of the master techs and confirmed they could change the setting. When I showed up today, the tech who took a look said it must have been a misunderstanding because they can't actually change that setting, they can only change how long the lights stay on for. I politely asked if he could print out the diagnostics page for me. Approx 10 Mins later he came back and said they found the setting and changed it to Mode 3. He seemed to think Mode 4 was even more sensitive, but I believe that to be incorrect based on the info at this link.

I don't think very many techs know how to do this. From what I understand most other Nissan's offer this as a setting that the owner can change so techs probably haven't done this in a while, if ever. As a matter of fact, when I checked in to the service dept the service manager looked at me like I had 2 heads when I explained what I was in for.

Overall, the experience was positive and I hope others can get this setting changed if they are also having problems with their headlights coming on later than expected when set to auto.

Still hoping Nissan releases a technical bulletin to update the firmware and add the comfort options back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 AM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
many many many techs are not comfortable with getting into those layers of code to alter settings, so dont feel singled out. the majority of people never ever ask or even know of such settings the techs can do. consider yourself well ahead of the pack by being a member of this site.
#33 Old 03-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Capt_X
SHIFT_Lurker

Capt_X is on a distinguished road
Yeah, definitely glad I found this forum. It' been very helpful so far.
#34 Old 03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
bjamin82
SHIFT_Lurker

bjamin82 is on a distinguished road
Bought a 2013 last week.. same issue. I have called the dealership as well as the Nissan Customer Care number.. no one knows anything about this... very odd
#35 Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Bster
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bster is on a distinguished road
Hey there everbody
Just purchased my 2013 Platinum and discovered that I too, do not any Comfort and Convenience settings. The dealer cant understand how that can be happening. They are going to check into it but it sounds like you guys are ahead of the game on this matter.
Honestly, any hope in resolving this, other than Nissan just deleting it from the user manual.
Can't believe that all that was missed in the programming.
Just traded off a 2011 Dodge Durango because of multiple problems that were beyond Dodge to fix.
I hoped that this vehicle would be better.
#36 Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
#37 Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 PM
GatorArmada
SHIFT_Lurker

GatorArmada is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to GatorArmada
Furious about comfort and convenience setting disappearance

Placing call to Nissan consumer affairs about this issue. I thought my Nav system was malfunctioning as I could not find the comfort and convenience settings on my new armada platinum. Came here and found out that Nissan just omitted them purposefully. I am mad. Had all this in my 2005 Armada.

If you aren't a Gator...Then you're GatorBait!
#38 Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM
bjamin82
SHIFT_Lurker

bjamin82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorArmada View Post
Placing call to Nissan consumer affairs about this issue. I thought my Nav system was malfunctioning as I could not find the comfort and convenience settings on my new armada platinum. Came here and found out that Nissan just omitted them purposefully. I am mad. Had all this in my 2005 Armada.
Good Luck... let us know what, if anything, you find out. All of my attempts have been unsuccessful.
#39 Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM
5150ds
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
5150ds is on a distinguished road
I just bought a 2013 and thought this was a model thing as I bought an SV. Someone said it was software and therefore a complicated issue. I doubt the software is that different than the 2012 so it shouldnt be that hard for Nissan to use last years software and upgrade the system.
#40 Old 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Armada2013
SHIFT_Lurker

Armada2013 is on a distinguished road
I've been going through this since 2/2013 when I purchased the a new 2013 Armada Platinum. My auto-headlights were not going on when they should so I was going to adjust the sensitivity. No "Comfort and Convenience" settings as the manual has documented. My dealer said they called Nissan and that the settings had been removed and that they were going to send out an updated manual. Ridiculous - then reimburse me for the value of these settings which are now vehicle deficiencies.

I called Nissan USA 1-800-647-7261, created a case, escalated to regional for a rep to meet me at the dealership with the dealership GM so they both could explain why DOCUMENTED features do not exist on their most expensive SUV. In addition, there is a real safety hazard concern when your headlights don't turn on when they should. Even the Pathfinders have them (I think Altimas too). My 2007 Armada had the settings. The dealership said there was no way to even manually adjust the sensitivity. I went through the same thing regarding the tech manual showing the different modes and they still said they could not be changed manually (tech manual was for 2012 not 2013). If someone has the manual for 2013 that shows you can adjust these things manually please post!!

The Nissan rep called back, finally said this was a manufacturing mistake and that a technical bulletin would go out in a couple of months. This was back in March 2013. Called Nissan USA again in April 2013 to get a status update and have them re-iterate the fact they were going to fix it which they did. Said that if a tech bulletin was not releaased in May to call back and have it escalated. Just called them today again. Another case has been opened for this problem and the regional rep is again suppose to call me back. This is absurd! I hope people are bombarding Nissan USA with complaints and explain why this is a safety hazard and obviously a manufacturing mistake - just fix it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode