New Brake Problem??? - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
F1_80s_90s
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
F1_80s_90s is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendstrat4
My truck did the same thing the other morning. Was leaving the neighboorhood and i didn't notice that the E brake light was still on. The first time I stopped it was like the brakes were skipping. I put the E brake on and off a few times but the light would not go off. Pulled back into my driveway and turned the truck off and then back on again and everything was working normal again. it hasn't done it since so I haven't taken it in...but I do have factory rims so i know that's not the problem. Any help would be great...

thanks,
I would at least print out a few pages of the TSB NTB06-040 to the dealer. Tell them that your brake issue matches the description of this TSB. I think if they follow this procedure, they could come up with a code (DTC C1179).

2005 GALAXY ARMADA SE 4WD (SOLD:)

McLaren vs. McLaren
Honda vs. Honda
Prost vs. Senna

"You need only two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape
1. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40
2. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
FL_Crushin
SHIFT_Hardcore

FL_Crushin is on a distinguished road
Similar Brake Issue

I've had a very similar problem. However it has happened a few times. It's not so much a grinding noise, but it is like the brakes catch and the pedal goes a bit too far and you hit the brakes too hard. You hear a sound like the spring on the pedal is catching on something. The pedal feel gets all messed up and you have to turn the truck off to get rid of the problem. You still have pressure since the pedal won't go to the floor. It won't make the sound when you aren't moving and pumping the brakes, just when you are coming to a stop. I've been waiting for it to happen again, so I can take it in while the lights (brake, slip, and VDC) come on and I don't shut it off. Those bozos seem not to be able to figure anything out unless it is in the midst of a problem. If anyone knows what the real problem is, let me know.

'05 LE 4X2
Red Braun/Graphite
Tech Package, DVD, Sirius Satellite
Silver Star Hi (Lows/Fogs blew out )
OEM high beams in Low Beam housing
Philadelpia Eagles Hitch Cover
Factory Matched Tint Driver/Passenger
24x10 Bazo B26 with Hankook 295/40R24
#13 Old 09-13-2007, 01:31 AM
esMada
SHIFT_Hardcore

esMada is on a distinguished road
I had the same brake problem in May. They had to re-program the VDC control unit. No problems ever since.
#14 Old 09-13-2007, 09:27 AM
macel15
SHIFT_Hardcore

macel15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Crushin
I've had a very similar problem. However it has happened a few times. It's not so much a grinding noise, but it is like the brakes catch and the pedal goes a bit too far and you hit the brakes too hard. You hear a sound like the spring on the pedal is catching on something. The pedal feel gets all messed up and you have to turn the truck off to get rid of the problem. You still have pressure since the pedal won't go to the floor. It won't make the sound when you aren't moving and pumping the brakes, just when you are coming to a stop. I've been waiting for it to happen again, so I can take it in while the lights (brake, slip, and VDC) come on and I don't shut it off. Those bozos seem not to be able to figure anything out unless it is in the midst of a problem. If anyone knows what the real problem is, let me know.
Computer needs to be reprogram. Code is C1179.

-Chris-
'04 Sahara Gold Armada LE
#15 Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
bigwhitearmada
SHIFT_Enthusiast

bigwhitearmada is on a distinguished road
Brakes

Hi everyone. I am new to this site after it was told to me. I have a 2004 Armada and had the same problem with my brakes also. Once i turned it off and started it back up, it has worked fine. I have another problem when i put my truck in gear, it makes a loud sound like the gears are going to fall out. Anyone else had that problem?
#16 Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Welcome to the Club!!!!

The Gears Sound you're talking about, is that when pulling it out of "Park" while parked on slight slope??

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#17 Old 08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Indy Archy Guy
SHIFT_Lurker

Indy Archy Guy is on a distinguished road
Smile Brake Issues as well

All of this sounds very familiar. We have an '04 Armada LE with factory rims. It happens pretty frequently where we will drive it and the brakes will grind heavy, the light comes on, etc. We turn it off, it resets itself... Took it to the dealership and again no code or visible issues found.

They tell us there is nothing they can do. We have 80% of brakes/rotors left.

Baffling!!!
#18 Old 08-09-2008, 11:13 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
Welcome to CA Indy Archy Guy!

Next time it happens, ask them to flash or reset the BCM. That should take care of it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode