post #1 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Armadadeathtrap
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Armadadeathtrap is on a distinguished road
Bad ABS on Armada!!!!!

First off, Nissan service is a joke! They've sold you the vehicle, then they don't want to help you!

My ABS system engages for no reason. the first time it happened back in Feb 2005 I had 6250 miles on the truck. It just happened again on May 2, 2005 same thing for no reason. just driving along, go to break for a normal stop and the sound of grinding metal, spring popping sounds and the fact that I only have 30% - 40% of my breaking power when this happens is a nightmare. Luckly, no one has been hurt by me yet. The Nissan service tech tried to tell me that the white bumps/bubbles on the side of the road can trigger the ABS on the Armada???? Does this guy think I'm stupid???????
This is the 2nd time it's happened on a smooth surface and normal breaking. The first time they smoothed my rotors and replace the break pads and told me I was good to go. Well, less than 3 months later, it happened again. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I didn't spend $40,000. on a vehicle to go into ABS for some unexplained reason. I felt safer in my little rollerskate rental car I had gotten!! HELLLPPPP! I am a ticking time bomb on the road and I'm at my wits end!! I have hired an attorney for this now. I hope my car doesn't act up with your family on the road!! Buyers Beware!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 03:45 PM
adjmcloon
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
adjmcloon is on a distinguished road
Just wondering (due to your username) - are you a troll?

There have been no widespread issues with ABS on the Titans or Armadas. I would suggest visiting your dealer.

2002 BMW 540ia sport, premium
2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited
post #3 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Armadadeathtrap
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjmcloon
Just wondering (due to your username) - are you a troll?

There have been no widespread issues with ABS on the Titans or Armadas. I would suggest visiting your dealer.
Username, Troll?? Visited local dealer twice, as defined in my post.
post #4 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
adjmcloon
SHIFT_Hardcore

adjmcloon is on a distinguished road
Just checking. Your username is pretty hostile to Armadas, and despite various issues, we're a pro-Armada forum for the most part.

Again, your ABS issue isn't common, so I guess if the dealer can't fix it then you should find another dealer or seek help from your state's lemon law or BBB arbitration.

Good luck, and

2002 BMW 540ia sport, premium
2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited
post #5 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 05:56 PM
andy
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
andy is on a distinguished road
Deathtrap is a little strong for the problem you're having. Are you sure you're not hitting black ice, gravel, even potholes? ABS is supposed to kick in when there is a difference in rotational speed in any one wheel to the other three.

Can you describe better what is happening? It sounds like your ABS is doing exactly what ABS is supposed to do. There is an increase in stopping distance when ABS kicks in because it's modulating the wheel from locking up. Or releasing the brake and braking again 60 times per second trying to regain traction.
post #6 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Armadadeathtrap
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Deathtrap is a little strong for the problem you're having. Are you sure you're not hitting black ice, gravel, even potholes? ABS is supposed to kick in when there is a difference in rotational speed in any one wheel to the other three.

Can you describe better what is happening? It sounds like your ABS is doing exactly what ABS is supposed to do. There is an increase in stopping distance when ABS kicks in because it's modulating the wheel from locking up. Or releasing the brake and braking again 60 times per second trying to regain traction.

Deathtrap = I had to brake for a red light... I didn't stop!! I LOVED my Armada!!! Now, I'm afraid of it. I DON'T WANT TO HURT SOMEONE.

The ABS should NOT engage for "normal" breaking, I wasn't putting my foot through the floor...NOT even close, just a routine expected stop that landed me and my 5000lb truck close the the middle of an intersection. I was traveling at 25 miles per hour.

I understand first hand that this isn't an everyday experience for Armada drivers, HOWEVER it is my experience and I read one other on the nhsta website.

I was on a flat surface, no potholes, no hill, no bumps, no black ice. ABS went off without warning twice. I wish I had the answers so I didn't have to resort to message boards.

Good luck to everyone with your Armadas... I'm sure your fixes will be coming soon. I hope this doesn't happen to me again.
post #7 of 309 Old 05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
andy
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
andy is on a distinguished road
I agree, that would be pretty scary. Well, I guess that kind of sucks. I mean the dealer will probably say they can't reproduce the problem and give you a blank look. I mean they won't even agree that my front bumper is .5" lower on the right side. I even brought a ruler with me to show them.

It does sound like a serious problem. I'd try to get Nissan to replace the braking system including the ABS electronics. And make sure the sensors are replaced too.

Back to the name Armadadeathtrap, I'm a bit superstitious. That would be kind of asking for it to me. Just my opinion only. I mean if I truly felt that way, there's no way I'd be hauling around my family in it.
post #8 of 309 Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
ronbon35
SHIFT_Lurker

ronbon35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadadeathtrap
First off, Nissan service is a joke! They've sold you the vehicle, then they don't want to help you!

My ABS system engages for no reason. the first time it happened back in Feb 2005 I had 6250 miles on the truck. It just happened again on May 2, 2005 same thing for no reason. just driving along, go to break for a normal stop and the sound of grinding metal, spring popping sounds and the fact that I only have 30% - 40% of my breaking power when this happens is a nightmare. Luckly, no one has been hurt by me yet. The Nissan service tech tried to tell me that the white bumps/bubbles on the side of the road can trigger the ABS on the Armada???? Does this guy think I'm stupid???????
This is the 2nd time it's happened on a smooth surface and normal breaking. The first time they smoothed my rotors and replace the break pads and told me I was good to go. Well, less than 3 months later, it happened again. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I didn't spend $40,000. on a vehicle to go into ABS for some unexplained reason. I felt safer in my little rollerskate rental car I had gotten!! HELLLPPPP! I am a ticking time bomb on the road and I'm at my wits end!! I have hired an attorney for this now. I hope my car doesn't act up with your family on the road!! Buyers Beware!
I have had the same problem you describe. It took me three times to try to get it fixed. The problem I had was that whe I turned off the USV the problem wnet away. thus the dealer was unable to diagnose the problem. Finnaly I took the SUV with the problem and had the dealer test drive with the problem and they pluged a computer to the SUVs computer and got an error code " DELTA S SEN [C1179]" P/# 47660-7S020 ". My service revords has the following work done: 47210-ZC010 MASTER VAC ASSY & 999MP-A4100P BRAKE FLUID DO.

My problem was exactly as you mentioned a Metal spring noise with little ressitance feel on the brake pedal. Hope it does not happen again now. Hope this helps you fix your problem. The key is to take the SUV with the problem and have them place the DIAG to the COMPUTER with out turnining of the SUV.
post #9 of 309 Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 AM
nissanenemacomingyourway
SHIFT_Lurker

nissanenemacomingyourway is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I feel your pain. I have had the exact same problem twice. The first time I had no idea what was going on. I was doing ~15 mph down a residential street and the brake light went on and there was popping and grinding and a springing noise. I took it in and they said they could not duplicate it. After a lot of fighting with them they replaced a bunch of brake equipment and the master cylinder. Today in a parking lot the same thing happened. No warning. Nearly no stopping power. I had to take the back roads home to make it safely. I have had this big piece of c*$% in 3 other time for other brake problems. Now I am seeking a lawyer. DId I mention the fact that the A/C blows hot air for at least 10-12mins.

Last edited by nissanenemacomingyourway; 08-07-2005 at 12:30 AM.
post #10 of 309 Old 08-07-2005, 12:33 AM
nissanenemacomingyourway
SHIFT_Lurker

nissanenemacomingyourway is on a distinguished road
Dude, (RONBON34) unless you have experienced this type of fear, you have no right giving commentary. I live in phx where it is 115degrees. No black ice here. No pot holes. This was an ABS malfunction without warning. Will it take something like someone dying for Nissan to admit they have a major brake issue with these vehicles? Does the word Crown Vic ring any bells?

Last edited by nissanenemacomingyourway; 08-07-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode