Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

JBA Headers, Cajun B-Pipes, and Uprev

18K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  DanF. 
#1 · (Edited)
This post is to share my experience with Cajun and package #1 .

Here's the details for my Armada.

Year: 2004
Make: Nissan
Model: Pathfinder Armada
Trim: LE, 4x4
Mileage: 104k

Symptoms: When cold, the truck would have a ticking or chugging sound when accelerating. Would go away or not happen at all when warmed up. MPG has been slowly deteriorating over time. I also checked the exhaust piping and it was all rusted with a few pin holes here and there. When I replaced the stock exhaust manifolds, it was confirmed that both sides were cracked and were the cause of poor mpg and the noise I was hearing.

I contacted Jeff @ Cajun and asked several questions. I did this through text message and Jeff was very prompt, informative, and professional.

I decided to proceed forward and purchased the package #1 through Cajun. This included the JBA header, Cajun Heavy Metal Hi Flow B Pipes, and the UpRev tuning provided by Joe (Seymore).

Joe contacted me right away with the information for UpRev, so that was all setup before I had the physical parts. The install on this one was a bit daunting without the proper space on flat ground (my house is on a hill, driveway and all). So I found a local shop to do the install for around $600.

To make the long story short, there was many check engine lights and frustration over about a 30 day period. One of the JBA headers I received was defective and that was only discovered through hours of trouble shooting and suggestions from Joe and Jeff from Cajun. Joe really hung in there with me and helped me find an O2 sensor that was also defective or damaged on the install that I replaced.

In the end, JBA made it right and warrantied the defective header. Cajun also stepped up and followed through until all issues were resolved. I know Joe (Seymore) spent many hours working on this with me.

I want to thank the Cajun guys and leave this glowing review for them.

I also want to thank JBA (specifically Dustin) for stepping up to the plate and providing a replacement for a defective product.

Although my experience was drawn out and frustrating, in the end, I was taken care of and provided excellent customer service.

To complete the install, I installed a Gibson Catback with a Vibrant UQ to help with the drone.

Once warmed up, the vehicle sounds quiet. The tone is slightly different than stock, and more growly sounding. When you put your foot into the throttle, the sound is amazing. I also noticed a TON more power and my MPG is awsome. I am still trying to figure it all out, but right now I am getting about 14-15 city and 17-18 hwy (according to the onboard computer anyway). When towing, I was around 11mpg.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Glad it all worked out. What was up with the header? Was it the flange? I read where someone else had a problem with the flange. I have been running the JBA and Cajuns for about a 1.5 years. Everything has been solid and its a great set up. Jeff and Seymore were awesome to work with. They truly care about the customer and the product. Enjoy!

#4 ·
Glad it all worked out. What was up with the header? Was it the flange? I read were someone else had a problem with the flange. I have been running the JBA and Cajuns for about a 1.5 years. Everything has been solid and its a great set up. Jeff and Seymore were awesome to work with. They truly care about the customer and the product. Enjoy!
I love the setup too. The more I drive the more I am impressed. My 2004 is seriously a bad *** beast now after the CAI/Headers/BPipe/Gibson catback.

The customer service I experienced was excellent as well. If I had to do it all over again, I would in a heart beat.

#8 ·
What was the deal with the defect? I had a hell of a time getting the passenger side flange to line up with the b-pipe. I took a torch to the b-pipe and glowed it and then tightened it. Compared to other aftermarket exhausts I've put on the JBA and Cajun stuff was a walk in the park so it was no big deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#9 ·
There was a bad weld that caused a vacuum leak at the flange. If their quality failure rates are true, they've (JBA) only had qc issues with less than 2-3 transactions over several thousand headers sold. For a product manufactured and formed from stainless these QC rates/ratios are stellar. Something around 1% or so is more than acceptable and reasonable. I just got unlucky is all. I do not fault JBA or Cajun for this, in fact as I mentioned both companies stepped up and went to bat hitting home runs when we all finally discovered the issue and it was time to resolve it. I am thinking about helping my Mom by an Armada. If she does, we will be calling Cajun and setting her up too!

#10 ·
I have a 2006 Armada, bought the pipes, headers and gaskets years ago. I’m getting it installed at a shop. Man oh man. The truck has been there since Thursday. I just get a call saying they are having difficulties, the cats don’t line up with the Y-pipes. They have to cut the flanges and work around it. Explitive explitive

I’m on my way there. What do I tell these guys to do to fix the issue? @cajun

#18 ·
I'm in Calif and have this G.D. CARB to deal with. Anyone find a work around like CARB legal headers or cats along with Uprev and B Pipes? Or swap out every two years for smog purposes?

#21 ·
the cats don’t line up with the Y-pipes.
I had a similiar issue with mine when i got them done last year after i bought my qx, but it turned out that it was actually the "stock" exhaust / catback portion was too far back, and they did the b pipes first which sat a little too far back. They connected everything front to rear and it worked much easier. Still had to replace a couple hangars to get it 100% but even with the obviously wrong hangars going front to rear worked out much better. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.