LED Fog light upgrade $15 w/ pics 2nd Gen Mada - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 12:02 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I tried the Yitamotor $15 ones noted in the first post but they didn't work. Plugged them in an no light. In a way, I'm glad they didn't as it forced me to do more research. Here's the short answer: I ordered a set of Beamtechs from Amazon for $35 (BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit) and they work fine. So, what I learned was that H8, H9 and H11 all essentially have the same connector. The difference is the wattage when these are halogen bulbs. Since we're switching to LED, going with the largest/brightest version, H11, is fine as it will still pull less power than a halogen and still won't cause any overheating issues. I also learned that the Armada isn't CANBUS so you don't need the expensive kits, just LED bulbs with the H8/9/11 plug.

In terms of how these look, they are a definite upgrade to the original halogens. No more white up top from my headlights and yellow on the bottom from my fog lights - white all around now. Since I did opt for the a higher output LED bulb (these could be used for low-beam), the fogs sort of seem brighter than my headlights. However, I think that is also a function of the fog light housings not being optimized for LED bulbs like the headlight lowbeams are (the high beams are halogen bulbs). In any case, it does look a lot better having the lows and fogs be white and the new fog bulbs definitely provide plenty of low and wide light coverage.

For $35 and about 10 mins of time, I'm really happy with them.

Now I'll just have to decide if/when to replace the high beam bulbs to be LEDs even though I really never use them...
omegafiler likes this.

2017 Armada Platinum AWD White
Tinted windows, K&N Air Filter, Beamtech LED fog lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:39 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

Thanks JCross13, I will be going with this set up for the Headlight and Foglight on my car. Still see it for about $36 on Amazon.

Last edited by Mickeytl; 01-30-2018 at 08:47 AM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 AM
SHIFT_Lurker

You're welcome. I also forgot to mention, you only need to reach under and around to access the fog light bulbs. No need to unscrew any of the plastic underneath. It's not a ton of room and you pretty much have to lay down, but not a big deal (IMO). Good luck!

2017 Armada Platinum AWD White
Tinted windows, K&N Air Filter, Beamtech LED fog lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 10:42 AM
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

For safety, these types of bulbs must be installed in a projector housing with a cutoff line, or you'll blind oncoming traffic equivalent to running your brights 100% of the time plus the normal low beams.

Most fog light housings do not have a projector design or a cutoff line, as they weren't designed for use as headlamps. You can buy projector housings and custom fit them to your Armada, but its a lot more than a 5 min upgrade. The end result is four low beams instead of two low beams and two high beams.

2005 Armada LE 207K miles,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, rear cats deleted and replaced with 2 x Vibrant 1792 resonators, Magnaflow 22", stock pipes, dual tips, home made K&N RU-3270 intake,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with 6000K 75W HIDs,
, 36W LED projector fogs, LEDs all around,
, 400W rear amp + Bose 161s in back,
, 'Armada' emblem wrap for the hamburger,
for interior exhaust fans and continuous battery charging.

Last edited by SGreenlyn; 01-31-2018 at 10:47 AM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 04:53 PM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

Peer pressure :)

so this thread got me interested in updating the LED fog lamps on my ride. i went and picked up these jokers:

Quote:
CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -7,200Lm 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty
Amazon ASIN: B01H6NZ7D8

no need to modify or cut anything. truly plug and play.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 04:20 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Curious if anyone has found chrome fog light covers. I have seen these trim pieces for the patrol (which are different) and the titan but can not find them for the 2nd gen armada.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 PM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi, Iím a proud new owner of a 2017Armada Platinum with15k miles. I want to install led fog light bulbs. It appears that I want an h11 bulb, but is there a specific plug that I need or are they all the same? Thanks in advance.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:18 AM
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)

There are examples in this thread on what others have used. Not all fog lamps are rthe same. Go with the examples in this thread and you cant go wrong.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Here’s the link to the bulbs. Mine are still going strong and look great. You can see them a previous post in this thread. They are now cheaper on amazon. YITAMOTOR High Power 60W Chipsets H8 LED Fog Driving Lights Lamp 1200Lumen 6000k HID... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HO8TLVE..._jrUTBb96YB27F
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 AM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I installed a multi color led high beam and fog lights. You dont have to change your low beam it is pretty good already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180524_131347_1540197712774.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	44951  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode