Dashboard-Center Speaker Plastic Cover - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bandrasco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Dashboard-Center Speaker Plastic Cover

Well I know plastic doesn't last forever, but I found out quickly that the plastic dash cover, over the center speaker was super sun damaged. It looked brand new, like every inch of my interior does, however, when I went to wipe on some protectant I heard a big "CRUNCH-SMASH-BANG"! Yep, the entire thing fell into the dash, plastic crumbled everywhere. Unfortunately after close inspection there are cracks starting all over the dash. It's not garage kept any longer and the Florida sun is relentless. I tried to find a replacement part but all I can see is the entire console that connects all the way down the front where the radio, ac controls, etc. go. Is this my only option? I was thinking of making the piece myself. I work with leather so one thought was to fix the cracks, make a new cover, and then cover everything with leather. That may turn out to be a PAI but I don't want to have to buy the entire thing, have it painted, and then install it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm closing in on 300K....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Jon
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

What year is your Armada? Also what color is your interior? 28198-9GA0A is the part number for my center speaker cover.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
What year is your Armada? Also what color is your interior? 28198-9GA0A is the part number for my center speaker cover.
Thanks Jon,

Mine is an 04 w/o navigation. The color is pewter. I’m the original owner. It’s been the best vehicle I could ever wish for. I still haven’t done anything with the dash. My fear is when start taking parts off I’ll end up with a big pile of broken plastic. Still trying to decide what to do as I close in the 300K milestone.
marctronixx likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode