Help with custom / 3rd party nav for '13 Armada LE - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
m7d
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Question Help with custom / 3rd party nav for '13 Armada LE

Hi guys,

New member here, just got my first SUV... '13 Armada LE... and I need your guidance and help please!

The maps and entertainment system are outdated now, and I'm trying to find a custom / android navigation system to replace the factory one...

But all the shops I'm visiting are saying '09 - '15 dash/nav models are difficult to find...
Something about the AC controls and other stuff being linked / appearing on the nav screen and how their systems don't support etc.

Please help me understand the "DIN?" business... what I need to be looking for exactly...
Or even better, if there's anything which is confirmed to be compatible / reliable for the '13 Armada LE, I'll go straight to it...

I've checked card ID but I'm worried about buying it online only to get it and it's not really compatible, etc...

Please help!
Thank you!

Moe
== Armada 2013 LE - GCC Specs (Dubai) ==
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:09 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Its actually 08 and up thats a pain in the butt. Since everything (heater controls and such) are run through the info screen and the control knob and buttons are part of the "radio" it makes if VERY hard to replace.

The Din is the height sizes of radios, single Din is the old radio size, like the old cassette players, double Din is what ours is and most modern vehicles are. There is also Din and a half but those are the oddball late 80's early 90s GM and Dodge vehicles.

This is what you will need to install an aftermarket, double Din touchscreen radio. Beware, read the reviews. The reviews are all over the place, some say its junk and some say it worked great, thats the only reason I haven't done it yet, that and the price!
https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...QaAlNSEALw_wcB

08 Armada 4x4 SE K11 Smoke Grey

Bully Dog GT w/ 2* Timing Mod, Airbox Mod, Belltech Sway Bar w/ Poly Bushings Front + Rear,
Running Board Delete, Tinted Headlights + Taillights, Alpine Type S 10" Sub + Alpine MRV Amplifier
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Just use a phone for nav purposes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Just use a phone for nav purposes.
Thats what I've been doing for now.

But in my last rig I had a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX w/ nav and that radio was SOO nice, I would love to have one in my Armada!

Bully Dog GT w/ 2* Timing Mod, Airbox Mod, Belltech Sway Bar w/ Poly Bushings Front + Rear,
Running Board Delete, Tinted Headlights + Taillights, Alpine Type S 10" Sub + Alpine MRV Amplifier
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 11:38 PM
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Do the Nexus 7 in the dash and use the aux and headphones. Works awesome. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
m7d
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowcab View Post
Its actually 08 and up thats a pain in the butt. Since everything (heater controls and such) are run through the info screen and the control knob and buttons are part of the "radio" it makes if VERY hard to replace.

The Din is the height sizes of radios, single Din is the old radio size, like the old cassette players, double Din is what ours is and most modern vehicles are. There is also Din and a half but those are the oddball late 80's early 90s GM and Dodge vehicles.

This is what you will need to install an aftermarket, double Din touchscreen radio. Beware, read the reviews. The reviews are all over the place, some say its junk and some say it worked great, thats the only reason I haven't done it yet, that and the price!
Thank you so much for the comment! Simple and easy to understand... the DIN business at least.
But I'm not looking to replace the stereo setup ... what I need to replace is the info screen screen to something more modern/flexible...
I've seen the post where a Nexus 7 but I think that was older than '08 model...
Plus, getting tablet customizations here = maximum risk. ( I don't trust the quality of work )

So I'm just looking for a screen that would be compatible with all the '13 messy AC control and radio and everything else connected...

Thanks again for your comment!

Moe
== Armada 2013 LE - GCC Specs (Dubai) ==
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:47 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Oh, gotcha. I'm not sure if there is anything out there that will fit that criteria or not.

There is this thread, it may help. Let us know what you find out or decide to do.
https://www.clubarmada.com/forums/79...avigation.html

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Here are the reviews on that Metra kit in case anybody wants to see them......thats the main reason I haven't done mine yet, lol!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode